Head Liner Q's

pendiuu

Hey guys Gday...I got a te72 wagon 1982...my head liner is completely gone and I'm trying to complete my project but without it it looks ugly and don't want to spend lots of money having some one to do it for me....I'm a DO It YOURSELF type of guy...I was wondering if any one has fix a headliner before or if they have build one from scrap....what would I need and how to do it...I will appreciate any helps....thanks

Members dont see this ad

I know one thing for certain, you need the rods that run from one side of the roof to the other, as they create a frame for the liner to stretch over, and they give it its shape. Also, depending on the vehicle, you often have to pull out the windscreens. Not on all cars, but I know recently with my KE30 the screens had to come out

*e7* have an 'L' shaped plastic strip running along the front which is stapled to the headlining and tucks in behind the windcreen seal. Well mine do anyway. The sides are just glued to the metal behind the trims, but for the roof you'll definately need those metal rods.

Unless you just use that really cool stretchy flexible speaker box carpet and mould it to the shape of the roof.

So basically if I don't have those rods i am done....the problem is that when I got the wagon everything was missing inside including the headliner...rods...plastic pieces and all....I have manage to get all but the head liner or any pieces for it and here in US the te72 corolla wagon was not a big success....the reason why I want to bring her back...anyway please let me know if you got some more info....thanks guys

yeah we did ...the problem is they where not a hit over here and are really hard to find if they are not crushed in a junk yard the owner doesn't want to let go of it......anyway if anyone got the bars for the ke70 let me know

best to put an ad in the wanted to buy section, cos noone will see this request in here