Ke1x Starter Issues And How To Fix It :)

camerondownunder88

Members dont see this ad

Yeah could be 7K. Ask teddy :)

Also as promised a photo of my ke70 starter I put on. The solenoid doesnt hit now BUT........

RUNNER 1 still toucheds the gear box :dance: But I can seal them on the head now. So I will be getting the gas torch out and seeing if I can heat them and bend them out a little. If not might give a double gasket a go that might give it at least 1mm clearence.

Photos below:

post-1811-1199018696_thumb.jpg

KE70 starter in :bash:

post-1811-1199018721_thumb.jpg

Above is the pace makers. No carbon in them cad plating like new still even. There top nick. Just they sat on a car with side draft webbers once so runner 4 has a dint from the carbies hitting them.

post-1811-1199018801_thumb.jpg

post-1811-1199018820_thumb.jpg

post-1811-1199018844_thumb.jpg

Above speak for them self. runner 1 JUST touches. Touching gear box on the starter motor bulge. Not a critical area BUT would like to fix this one day. First I just want the car to run. As one of my twin carbie setups I have and was going to use runner 3 intake has been machined WRONG so I'm waiting for a engine reco shop to open in the new year before I can crank it over :y:

Cheers

Cameron

post-1811-1199018872_thumb.jpg