16v 4a-ge Into 1998 Ae111

llawgoch

hi, i have searched the site but can't seem to find anyone that has put a Non-TVIS 16v engine into a 1998 corolla which had a 4afe.

has anyone done it??

i am doing it on mine and would like a little help on the wiring. i have all the diagrams including all the toyota electrical books on the corolla. there seems to be a hell of a lot more wires on the 4afe than the 4age so i dunno what has to be used an what not.

any info appreciated

Members dont see this ad
hi, i have searched the site but can't seem to find anyone that has put a Non-TVIS 16v engine into a 1998 corolla which had a 4afe.

has anyone done it??

i am doing it on mine and would like a little help on the wiring. i have all the diagrams including all the toyota electrical books on the corolla. there seems to be a hell of a lot more wires on the 4afe than the 4age so i dunno what has to be used an what not.

any info appreciated

First off, will the car be able to be roadworthied, considering your putting a 92 model engine in a 98 model chassis?

If your confident its ok then you don't need to worry so much about all the wires for the 4afe having to connect up. Approach it from the point of view of what the 4age needs, it gets. After its all hooked up, if you can make the cruise control, air con, and other electronics work thats a bonus. I'm assuming that you have got all the engine wiring fairly well hooked up to the 16 valve ecu? Is it running? Be more specific in your questions, punctuate, form sentences and help us to know what wires your talking about.

Edited by LittleRedSpirit

the car will be registerd as a amateur built vehichle, therefore it will be tested to 1975 regulations.

which means no cat will be required. i had a chat with my mot tester so this is official rules.

I have a complete 1990 corolla gti which I'm pulling the engine and harness out of, so all power steering pipes and other brackets and fittings are all at hand.

the 4age will be mounted into the 1998 car this weekend.

i know that a 20v would be better, but i didnt have one of those sitting outside my house, waiting for me to use it! lol plus, more tuning parts are available to me for the 16v.

so basicly,

my questions are

1. has anyone done it before ?

2. is anyone planning to do it?

3. are there any serious issues i need to be aware of regarding splicing the looms together?

Fitting a different efi motor to an efi car is quite easy. Both being toyota's you'll be able to remove all the pins from the 4AFE ECU power plug going to the existing ecu to the body of the car and re-arrange to match the 100kw's ecu. Using 2 wiring diagrams re-arrange the wires on the 100kw that match the 4AFE plug that goes to the fuse box. If the pins are different in the plugs time for cut and joins.