February 9, 200818 yr Author comment_226505 Old man's SR5 TD has 40k on it now with no mechanical problems, but that being said it still feels cheap and nasty and the interior quality and materials are only moderately better than a Hyundai Accent What can you expect, They are a work ute not a luxury car. We found a dead rat in the air cleaner of our V6 jigga. Report
February 9, 200818 yr comment_226528 Yeah but they weren't always this bad... previous gen SR5 was comparatively plush inside, felt solid... better plastics, fit and finish... drove better too. Slightly less power, but just FELT better. I can understand the tradie spec being a bit rough and ready but I reckon If you're spending Prado money on the upspec dual cab you should get something a bit better. I was seriously going to consider a TRD Hilux, (subject to test drive of course) as an upgrade from my Surf in a couple of years, but after spending a fair bit of time behind the wheel of my old man's 'lux lately, a Prado is looking better and better... new ones have the same engines as the Hilux, and the quality is infinitely better. Report
February 9, 200818 yr comment_226541 Oh and as a side note.... I can FULLY understand now why people up here buy 2-3 year old Prados and Cruiser wagons and spend 10-15k getting the arse chopped off and a trayback put on. RWV conversion they're called. Practicality of a ute, comfort and quality of a properly built Toyota 4WD. Report
February 9, 200818 yr comment_226548 Thanks for that info Everyone I will Now think twice now before the new hilux upgrade. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now