Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Worked 4k Spark Plug Choices

Featured Replies

Hey guys, recently new to Rollaclub, I have a 77 KE35 with a worked 4K.

 

Here are the specs, it has a

-242 .050" thou lift 292 adv cam.

-head shaved 20 thou

-double valve springs

-big port grind

-ramflo air filter on the stock carby ( sad I know )

-extractors 2 inch system

 

Now its quite lumpy on idle and upwards of 2,000rpm, if I let it idle it fuels itself up quite quickly, I haven't had it tuned yet to the cam, but I was wondering would going to a hotter plug help? Or is it just the stock carby? hoping to save a bit to get a redline sidedrought manifold.

 

Any queries would be helpful.

 

Thanks

Edited by reg_ke35

Firstly, are you running extractors?

 

If you're not, you'll get cam reversion and experience what you're experiencing now, though you say you're running a stock carb, which is leading me to think thats its been re-jetted at some point.

 

Still, with a lumpy cam, you need to be running extractors or you wont get the full performance potential of the cam.

Edited by Raven

If anything with a worked motor you should be running a plug one heat range colder.

 

A hotter plug is a bandaid for an old motor that burns oil.

 

Tune or rejet your carb so it isn't so rich at idle. Better yet, install a better carb and jet it to suit your engine mods.

 

A question, do you have a functioning PCV system?

Edited by Felix

  • Author

Thanks for the replys,

 

First it does have extractors and a 2 inch system going through it. I should of noted that in the specs. I got the original carby reconditioned about 3 months ago, so I guess its just got the stock jets in it? And yes I do have a functioning PCV valve although the rubber bit that goes in the tappet cover is all broken could that make a difference? But it still seems to seal it?

 

Thanks guys

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.