Diff Setup For Ke20

YKE 20T

Members dont see this ad

I run a RA23 T series diff, with a trd 1 1/2 way LSD.

Cost of the diff and panhard rod: $140.

The centre: $550.

The welding and cutting off of the original leaf spring mount onto the T series: A few hours work.

My mate made a Panhard rod setup on the car chassis, I think $150 or so.

Total cost around $850, with bushes.

NOTE: I run TE27 flares, and 14x6 mags with 185/60 tires. They fit the guards just perfect, about 15mm spacing from each flare/ innerguard.

the ra23 t series diffs are drum arent they? i was after a disc rear end. i don't want to run flares so i would have to shorten the diff which would blow the cost out a bit. it would be a fairly cheap option if you were happy with having flares.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm using a t18 diff, with Corona Avante Discs (More info on this mod on toymods) measures up as 1410. I'm running townace chasers (14x5.5) and they sit flush with the arch and clear the avante calipers ok. I will be running wider wheels with flares further down the track. With flares you could probably go 6.5 max (note that my rear arches are enlarged).

post-2190-1206099220_thumb.jpg

post-2190-1206099290_thumb.jpg

When you cut the leaf spring mounts off, you might want to make a jig to keep their geometry 100% for when you transfer to the bigger diff.

post-2190-1206100187_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pieman

I run a RA23 T series diff, with a trd 1 1/2 way LSD.

Cost of the diff and panhard rod: $140.

The centre: $550.

The welding and cutting off of the original leaf spring mount onto the T series: A few hours work.

My mate made a Panhard rod setup on the car chassis, I think $150 or so.

Total cost around $850, with bushes.

NOTE: I run TE27 flares, and 14x6 mags with 185/60 tires. They fit the guards just perfect, about 15mm spacing from each flare/ innerguard.

Interesting. This was the conclusion I had come to for my KE25 which would run exactly the same set up except I will likely run 13 x 6's. What offset are your wheel? I was thinking I would still need to cut the diff down.