Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mechanics

Featured Replies

Hey guys.

 

Just wondering if anyone has a mechanic that they like going to in Perth. I usually go to one that is an hour+ away from me (just because he's a clever with cars and a good guy) so I'd like to go somewhere closer...

 

Preferably a small place that's not part of a franchise; someone who works for themselves is preferable...

 

Cheers. :jamie:

i only trust myself and the other blokes at work..where is mahogany creek??

  • Author

Where do you work? Mahogany Creek is very close to Mundaring/Glen Forrest. It's 15 minutes from Midland.

 

Most importantly I need to get this car serviced soon... but I'd also like someone who I can go back to without feeling like I'm getting ripped off... surely there are heaps of mechanics in Perth who can vouch for their garage?

Edited by Mybowlcut

I am not from Perth.. and I am trying not to invade your topic. Though I am a first year mechanic and I wouldn't always trust other places to do your mechanic work.. I've seen a lot of stuff ups at work, and they either try and "Bodgy it up" or if it isn't noticeable they wouldn't worry as much..

 

Try ringing up an Operator & asking for a mechanic near your location or www.whereis.com.au or something along them lines?..

  • Author
we do all our own work on our cars. don't trust other places.

don't know any places around your area that are good either.

Liz

Crap! Haha. I don't doubt there are good mechanics out there but the stereotypes are typically true... even you guys (being hobby-mechanics or professional/paid) admit it.

 

I am not from Perth.. and I am trying not to invade your topic. Though I am a first year mechanic and I wouldn't always trust other places to do your mechanic work.. I've seen a lot of stuff ups at work, and they either try and "Bodgy it up" or if it isn't noticeable they wouldn't worry as much..

 

Try ringing up an Operator & asking for a mechanic near your location or www.whereis.com.au or something along them lines?..

I just can't be f@$ked with trying to find a nice person who will fix my car properly for a price that is fair for both of us. I guess I'm gonna have to do a bit of searching regardless of how much I complain haha. :jamie:

 

Cheers.

Edited by Mybowlcut

I'm in willetton mate..bit of a trek.

Crap! Haha. I don't doubt there are good mechanics out there but the stereotypes are typically true... even you guys (being hobby-mechanics or professional/paid) admit it.

 

I just can't be f@$ked with trying to find a nice person who will fix my car properly for a price that is fair for both of us. I guess I'm gonna have to do a bit of searching regardless of how much I complain haha. :hmm:

 

Cheers.

 

what is wrong with the car?.......unless there is some thing well out of whack a tune up is easy and some thing you could undertake if you have some one there to guide you or to fall back on.

 

bm

  • Author
I'm in willetton mate..bit of a trek.
I google mapped it and it seems a lot closer than Spencers Brook from Mahogany Creek. Just stay on Roe hwy for a while... are you the owner or an employee?

 

what is wrong with the car?.......unless there is some thing well out of whack a tune up is easy and some thing you could undertake if you have some one there to guide you or to fall back on.

 

bm

Here is what's wrong with it. I'd be glad to fix it myself! My dad just bought me all these tools for my birthday and I could buy a gregories book like someone else suggested, but I wouldn't know where to even start? I don't know why it's being crappy. :hmm:
I google mapped it and it seems a lot closer than Spencers Brook from Mahogany Creek. Just stay on Roe hwy for a while... are you the owner or an employee?

 

Here is what's wrong with it. I'd be glad to fix it myself! My dad just bought me all these tools for my birthday and I could buy a gregories book like someone else suggested, but I wouldn't know where to even start? I don't know why it's being crappy. :hmm:

 

 

 

try this ..when it starts misbehaving pull the choke out a to see if it gets better......if it does then its likely to be a blocked jet

 

bm

  • Author

I'm pretty sure it just gets more stally when I use the choke. I would give fixing it myself a go but I need it for uni so I am taking it to Spencers Brook tomorrow.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.