Ke35 Question

MZR01LA

Hey just wanted a rough idea on what i could get if i wanted to sell my ke35 i paid way to much for it and i bought it off my bro inlaw i paid $6000 for it, 5spd manual its got a 4age engine.

In the pictures the one with the white wheels is how it looked when i brought it the one with dress rims is now.

post-4283-1205838176.jpg

post-4283-1205838612_thumb.jpg

Edited by MZR01LA

Members dont see this ad
Hey just wanted a rough idea on what i could get if i wanted to sell my ke35 i paid way to much for it and i bought it off my bro inlaw i paid $6000 for it, 5spd manual its got a 4age engine.

In the pictures the one with the white wheels is how it looked when i brought it the one with dress rims is now.

For a second there I thought you payed $6,000 for just a KE35 with a 3k in it.. I was going to say..

Well.. maybe try and work it out. 4-AGE front cuts are around $2,000 - $2,500. Good condition (No rust, good interior etc) KE35 would be maybe $1,500 to $3,000

Just some people want to pay the money, some don't..

looks pretty tidy to me, I would say $6000 grand no worries, as long as paint/interior/running gear all good quality?

yeah paint was fresh when i got it, inside a bit shabby tidy now and running gear all good makes me feel better i felt like i got ripped off being family and all the prices we pay for toys.

For a second there I thought you payed $6,000 for just a KE35 with a 3k in it.. I was going to say..

Well.. maybe try and work it out. 4-AGE front cuts are around $2,000 - $2,500. Good condition (No rust, good interior etc) KE35 would be maybe $1,500 to $3,000

true i did not really look into it before i brought it

Its pointless to add the sum of what a front cut would/might cost, with the estimated value of a standard KE35.

There are many more points to consider, such as:

How professionally carried out was the conversion?

How well does it drive? rattles,squeaks,vibrations, all these things are things that I try to pick up on, especially when conversions have been done.

Has it had a respray?Does it have rust? Dents? bog ripple?

Interior? rips, stains, original, reupholstered?

Service life? Stereo?

All these things add to the evaluation for me. I would never add the price of a motor to the "normal" price of a car and make an estimation based solely on that assumption

An item is only ever worth what someone is WILLING to pay for it. e.g XY GTHO Falcon $750k WTF???????

Edited by Rollaboy2608

Are you mechanically minded?

If so have you had a look under your car and looked at the chassis rails etc? Make sure they don't have any rust and stuff? To me $6,000 out of my pocket is a fair bit of cash. Though I'm only young and would hardly know anything and all. Though I think you did pay a fair bit too much from your brother in law..

Good luck with the sale. Very nice KE35 too.

*Edit*

Also agreed with Rollaboy2608. I'm young still.. I can still make some mistakes =(

Edited by WinKE55

Winke, you obviously havent seen how much a clean KE with a 4AGE engine will go for these days.

And you really shouldnt say that you don't know anything, because if you don't, you probably shouldnt be commenting :sob:

Thanks for helping me look at certain points yeah i did pay to much for it i guess at the end of the day when i look at it it makes me happy and i wont be parting with it for awhile unless something really goes wrong with it and ive had enough i wont get my 6k back but its my bad for rushing in and paying that much in the first place and shame on my bro inlaw for selling me something not worth 6k o well life goes on.

I've found that people that frequent model or brand specific forums like this one have much lower opinions on a cars value than the greater public.

For example, I used to frequent twincam16.org about 6 years ago. Those guys would die at the thought of paying 4 grand like I did for bog stock Aus spec AE86. But, when I went to sell it 2 years later, I advertised in the trader and I got back what I paid for it.

You'll also notice that on odd occasion someone new jumps on here and tries to sell their car at prices that are well above what Rollaclubians would deem "reasonable" and they don't seem to sell haha!