March 26, 200818 yr comment_235399 Hey guys.. Whenever I put my clutch down, it makes a stupid noise. It's not a grinding it's more of a high pitched squealing kind of noise. It doesn't affect the driving at all but it makes my car sound like it's come straight out of a cartoon... Also, I've got a whirring noise coming from my wheels or something... I'm not sure where it's coming from but I know it's under the car cause I can hear it past 50km/h. I've searched on the forums and found one post that suggested it could be a wheel bearing but I'm thinking it's the diff because something similar happened in my other ke70 and I changed the diff and it went.. but I'm not sure if it's the same thing? Any suggestions on what it would be? Cheers. :D Report
March 26, 200818 yr comment_235402 Squealing with the clutch in is most likely the throw out bearing, Its run dry and will need replacing soon which = gearbox out job. How good is the clutch, Might as well change it at the same time if you don't know. Clutch kit will be under $200 easy and it comes with a new throw out bearing, Pressure plate and clutch plate. You will also need to get your flywheel machined which should be around $30, Thats how much i paid for a 212mm 4age flywheel to be done. Change the spigot bearing too as they can squeal under hard take offs and hill starts, I paid $6 for one and yours should be the same or cheaper. Des :D Edited March 26, 200818 yr by AE70 Report
March 26, 200818 yr Author comment_235433 Luckily I have 200 this week... I guess I go to my normal mechanic to get that done? Also, how much would I be looking at to fit in a 5 speed gearbox? Cheers Des. :D Report
March 26, 200818 yr comment_235442 Got a 5 speed box ? Straight swap. It will be under $200 for the clutch unless he is going to rip you off, Then he will charge you labour for doing it. He shouldn't charge you to put in the 5 speed at the same time because its a straight swap if its a ke70 5 speed. Edited March 27, 200818 yr by AE70 Report
March 26, 200818 yr Author comment_235445 Well technically I do have a 5 speed, but I went to get it put into my other red ke70 and the guy said it wasn't or was a cable thing or whatever... like it wasn't the right setup to put in a 5 speed.. have you ever heard of this? The 5 speed is sitting in my mum's driveway and has got a bit rusty... I might try and get it put in at the same time... ahhh no more high revs past 80. :D Report
March 27, 200818 yr comment_235523 Hey guys.. Whenever I put my clutch down, it makes a stupid noise. It's not a grinding it's more of a high pitched squealing kind of noise. It doesn't affect the driving at all but it makes my car sound like it's come straight out of a cartoon... Is it just when you are pushing the pedal in or does it keep going if you hold the pedal down? If it's only when the pedal is being pushed in/out, could just be a squeaky hinge Report
March 27, 200818 yr Author comment_235589 As long as the pedal is a tiny bit depressed it makes the noise. :D Report
March 27, 200818 yr comment_235607 if you want, I can help you out. bring the car to me and i'll swap the box and thrust bearing. if you want to save a shit load of money any way I rang auto one kalamunda, and you can get the set for $102. That is thrust bearing, pressure plate and clutch plate. Chris Edited March 27, 200818 yr by chrisandliz Report
March 27, 200818 yr comment_235645 if you want, I can help you out. bring the car to me and i'll swap the box and thrust bearing. if you want to save a shit load of money any way I rang auto one kalamunda, and you can get the set for $102. That is thrust bearing, pressure plate and clutch plate. Chris Do it their way, Will save you heaps. Report
March 27, 200818 yr Author comment_235764 Sounds good hey. Have you done that kinda stuff before? What kind of money do you want, etc? I just spent that 200 that I had on a forklift license so I can quit GAY EAGLE BOYS... so it might have to wait (no more than) 2 weeks if you're willing to do it and all... Edited March 27, 200818 yr by Mybowlcut Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now