My Beast- Ca18Det Into Ae71

redae71

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks sik!!!! I can't belive i havent seen this on here.

My car would keep up with one of those fords, ive already destroyed a set of roadworthy tyres up the street at work, mines about a month off .

Will have to hit ytou up for a run up the mountains.

yeh definitely! i get my license back in april, how long i keep it is another thing entirely :jamie: ,so il be coming out for as many cruises as i can... until then i gota do injector plug wiring, fix one of the coils, put new turbo on and finish doing the catch can

Keep us posted on how long the new turbo lasts.

Did you ever question the low purchase price for a "brand new turbo"?

yeh, will do... i did question the price definitely, i had to rotate the bearing housing 180 degrees to make the oil drain face the right way so i took the liberty of pulling both housings right off and having a look, both wheels look identical to the garett items and it looks pretty well screwed together, but then again you never know until youve driven it for a while... basically they are developed the same way hypergear ones are using parts from different manufacturers.

i also was never sure about those monsta t3/t4's but i know of at least 4 people running them for the past 2 years with no problems at boost levels ranging from 9-20 psi

• 3 weeks later...

ok so an update on the turbo situation... so far i havent been able to figure out what size thread the oil feed is on the turbo so i may have to go to a banjo fitting from the current dash fitting :P damn chinese why couldnt they make it the same size as the garrett... also i havent been able to get a price on headbolts yet so pretty much since my last post ive made absolutely no progress... actually i did buy a gasket for the dump pipe ;)

• 1 month later...

ok its running again with the new turbo on it, full boost at 4500 running on 12psi, slight miss when it gets hot cos of one of the coils missing the carbide tip, but it really goes better then i expected!! catch can turned out good to, goin on the dyno in the next month to get the wastegate actuator and ignition timing set properly... getting a roadworthy as we speak and registered soon :lolcry: :) heres a pic!

post-4345-1235634944_thumb.jpg

whoo nice ride man

i recently sold my CA-18det silvia, was on 20PSI with a retuned ecu by dr drift and made just under 200kw atw

f@$k i loved that car :y:

the ulitimate would be a CA in a keto for sure...

If you ever have the motor out again whats the chances of me borrowing the crossmember so i may fabricate my own? for a fee of course :dance:

lol i really really hope i don't have the engine out again... the cross member uses rb30 engine mounts so all you do is raise the engine on a crane and bolt the mounts onto the engine then sit the cross member upto the mounts and its easy as to mark where you need to cut and weld....

UPDATE!!!: car is at work gettin a roadworthy atm... i get my liscence back on 10 april so i will be out cruising after that... until the diff lets go. but then YAY for kevin rudd we get 900 bucks so il do something about the diff when that comes through!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
By buying new tyres for the rims of which we fry after the diff goes into the car :(

haha thats it... car is being registered sometime next week whenever i get a day off work and then straight to the dyno to get CAS set and wastegate actuator rod adjusted... think its running a bit to much boost, actually i know it is cos its gettin boost cut :) anyway i get my license back in 2 weeks so watever cruise is on il be there