3sge Engine Into A Ae92

avalaugh

Members dont see this ad

At a guess, I'd assume you're not finding any info because nobody would actually bother to perform that swap.

You're talking custom everything, at considerable expense, to cram that lump of camry unremarkableness in there... for very little performance gain.

At a guess, I'd assume you're not finding any info because nobody would actually bother to perform that swap.

You're talking custom everything, at considerable expense, to cram that lump of camry unremarkableness in there... for very little performance gain.

I'd hardly call a 3SGE a lump of Camry unremarkableness......although since it's from an ST162 it'll most likely be a Gen1, and they barely make any more power than a smallport, just more torque.,

A redtop BEAMS from an MR2 or ST202 on the other hand......

Been done a few times to the ae82 so i couldn't see being that much harder in the '92. There should be a write of it all on the old toymods forum. I think from memory the corolla driveshafts were modified to fit into the camry/celica joints at the diff. Not a cheap way to make better performance over a 4age. But like anything - throw enough money, a hammer and a gas axe at it and anythings possible.....

87 rolla would be an ae82 btw, so is it an ae92 or an 87 rolla? Apparently clearances are tight if you do actually get it in there. Also these cars have big understeer without the extra weight. As people say, result probably isn't worth the effort.