My Ke70

zilli

Hey all,

So glad i found this place, i picked up this overrated 1983 KE70 Corolle SE.

Some Specs

1) One lady owner who was 95 years old! means she brought it when she was 62!!!!

2) 79,000 kms, it absolutely purs! gutless, but so smooth

3) UNTOUCHED and IMMACULATE interior, EVERYTHING works, nothing is broken!!!!

4) Couple of dings and a little bit of damage i am looking at slowly repairing

5) Air con thats colder than my 2000 Honda Integra Type R

6) EVERYTHING works!

7) The only rust i see is a 1cm dot above the rear right taillight, and a little bit at the bottom of the rear right door, but only from the inside

Here's some pics fellas, not exactly sure what i am going to do with it for the moment, kinda tempted to fix it up and sell it, dunno how much it'd be worth, but then part of me says a 26 year old car that is in such immaculate condition wont come along too often... i suppose i'll just wait and see

I spent the whole of yesterday giving it a wash, clean and wax, and detailing the interior, it took 2 hours just to clean off the caked on foundation on the steering wheel, handbrake and inidcation stalks, i suppose the plus was underneath the plastic was immacualte. I reckon the seatc covers she had on it had been there since new, i almost passed out when i took them off the front seats!

Some pics

img03951ri5.th.jpg

img04011iy3.th.jpg

img0396xz9.th.jpg

img0398eh4.th.jpg

img0397vl6.th.jpg

img0404wn2.th.jpg

Edited by zilli

Members dont see this ad

fellas,

I'm in Sydney, LOL everyone that see's in freaks out! the exterior has a couple of bit thats need work, and the bumpers are a bit warped from a couple of hits, but the interior is f@$king amazing if i may say so myself...

dunno what I'm gonna do with it... how much you reckon it's worth?

fellas,

I'm in Sydney, LOL everyone that see's in freaks out! the exterior has a couple of bit thats need work, and the bumpers are a bit warped from a couple of hits, but the interior is f@$king amazing if i may say so myself...

dunno what I'm gonna do with it... how much you reckon it's worth?

It does look very tidy mate. :) The warped bumpers are very typical, no matter how well it's been looked after.

I would keep it for a while and enjoy it.

That is SICK! Leave her totally stock and do all the necessary things to make her perfect. I really like that interior, sexy as can be! I'd say it'd be worth around $3-4 grand maybe more if you found the right buyer.Look after her

Cheers

Matt.

Edited by 78_7kRolla

• 3 months later...

Heres a bit of an update on some work ive done since i bought the car...

Just gave the motor a good degrease, ive run out of time, i still have to detail it now... but it came up very nice

img0586pw3.th.jpg

I had to replace the front end as the grill was cracked and the front left light was bashed in, the old lady bumped into her garage parking it :-) Anyway i ended up replacing the whole front end... i still gotta take that bumper off and see if i can fix the reo underneath to get rid of the bends in the bumper

frontonjf5.th.jpg

And just a quick one from the side....

sideoneb9.th.jpg

Can anyone tell me what this feature is for? theres obviously a valve in there, but what does it do?

img0588ec3.th.jpg

Can anyone tell me what this feature is for? theres obviously a valve in there, but what does it do?

img0588ec3.th.jpg

hey mate great find, looks unreal

that valve i have on my 55 aswell, there is a tube that runs to the top of my extractors.

if i set it to summer it closes the valve so heat from extractors wont go into carby, but in winter u open it and it lets heat from extractors in.

I'm not sure why cause i thought cold air was best for engine performance....?

but i could be wrong, thats jus what i rememba bein told lol