Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The 'best' Ke70 Front Shocks Without Changing Struts?

Featured Replies

It appears that there is f@$k all decent 'sporty' shocks available for the KE70 struts. With most companies offering OEM replacements or nothing.

 

So for those that haven't changed over to sprinter/corona/T18 struts. What shocks have you put in the front of your KE70?

 

So far I've only found these companies to supply shocks to suit:

 

Gabriel

Monroe

ACDelco

Pedders

 

Currently thinking either of the first three and f@$k pedders off.

The main reason people swap to the bigger OD struts is because they don't want dampers from those 4 places. Its worth the change. I know everyone does it but with good reason.

 

I haven't heard of any other companies that do dampers for KE70s. Even if koni made some, the would probably be full length.

 

At least if you change to XT130, AE86, or T18 struts you will have larger brakes too.

arent all those brands basically the same anyway? how low is your car what springs are u using?

  • Author

My cars not low at all, whiteline springs all round. So whatever that drop is.

 

I just thought there would be something better out there. Better than OEM anyway...

 

I had already bought the springs ages ago and some ke70 slotted brakes before I'd given much thought what I wanted to use the car for. So I guess I'll just use what I've got to get the car on the road and when the time comes and cash is there change to something else.

 

I'm sure OEM shocks will be fine with whiteline springs, just no doubt it could be better.

 

Ah well...

 

If you guys had to choose one brand there what would you go for?

tokico/trd

 

then theres the euro expensive brands like bilstein

  • Author
tokico/trd

 

then theres the euro expensive brands like bilstein

 

Sorry, I meant from the ones I listed above.

 

Or are they all really that similar?

Deleted

Edited by Sbox

  • Author

Just cause Gregor wanted... and maybe some spam will result in an answer to mah question.

 

Either way... This is mah daily. Or was anyway.

 

rollsrear.jpg

 

rollsfront.jpg

 

 

Now please, can someone answer me which out of those above shocks would you choose if you had to. And a reason?

 

Cheers cobs

throw your stock struts in the bin and get something 2 inch, ie - ae86, te72, xt130, etc

 

pedders/monroe etc is junk for what you want

is that cardboard? as if you have to worry about shocks with all that downforce.....

Edited by anastasios

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.