Nt Off-topic

ancullen

Its a bit iffy atm sumtime smakes 13psi sometimes 11 i think it has to do with the heat and supercharger is abit worn out, nar the ecu isnt limiting boost but is making the car run like shit, i seriously need to get a different one, got one lying around? also need to pull the sc off n inspect it.

fun fun :jamie:

btw adam just comparing my dyno sheet to yours - seem to hav the same boost drop

dyno_chart.jpg

IMG.jpg

Edited by wasfishing

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nope. :yes: I need a 4A-GZE ECU for when I get around to building my 13T-GZEU. It's the only stock Toyota part I'm missing.

BTW, I finally checked out those 4WD tyres I'd offered you. They're 225/75 R16 Goodyears. Need 'em gone if you're interested.

EDIT: You bastard - editing your post while I'm posting. :jamie: Yes, mine does have the same dip (hadn't looked at it in ages). Looks like mine happens earlier in the rev range though, which would be bad for torque, but wouldn't affect the top end power like I imagine yours would. But in both graphs there's no dip in the power curve at all, which is strange. If there weren't those dips in the boost, you'd have to think there'd be a big power spike at that same point in the rev range. On mine it would mean that max power came on MUCH earlier. Yours would make more sense, as there'd be more max power, and then a more noticeable drop off at the very top of the rev range as the supercharger becomes less efficient and the cams are beyond their optimum.

Edited by ancullen

I've heard it's hard (possibly impossible) to get new bearings and other parts for the Toyota superchargers. Obviously the seals are available (TwosRUs), but I would have thought bearings would be something relatively easy to find (eg. CBC).

I'm thinking I'll just save my money and get a HTV1320 when I swap blowers. Which means it will probably never happen because it's me planning it.

BTW, my rollcaged TA22 is up for sale if anyone's interested.

Thought I may as well post my dyno sheet

Rather strange curves, not sure what is causing it or its still happening(I don't notice any power drop down in the rev range and the boost line is weird as well as its stable both on guage/controller(so it may have been fixed since then)

None the less will be getting Dave to have a fiddle and see where we go /evil laugh

Dynosheet.jpg

And god I love this pic

IMGP0149.jpg

wow that graph is odd

you missing ur rolla steve?

i could go back to sc12 but y bother.... just pick up another sc14 if i need 2

Edit: for f@$ks sake car just run like you should stop being a bitch, if anyones interested in my problems check toymods will be a thread up soon....

adam what ecu does the ke55 run? how is it wired in? complete new loom or just hacked it up?

will you still be using it in the new car?

Edited by wasfishing

adam what ecu does the ke55 run? how is it wired in? complete new loom or just hacked it up?

will you still be using it in the new car?

Microtech MT8. Yes, it will be used with the 4A-GZE when I finally decide what I'm doing with it. I'm seriously considering selling both TA22's, and if I do that, then I'd either hang onto the 4A-GZE until I can find a 4A-GE powered Clubman that is the right type and price, buy that, and drop the GZE in, or just throw in the towel and sell the GZE (not keen on that idea). I know I'll never get around to getting the cars built, as much as I know how much I want to see them done and what I've got planned for them. :jamie:

Is Saturday still on for the shoot? Anyone chased up Tim yet to see if he's appearing and maybe taking the shots? If he's not available then maybe i'll bring my camera along. Still waiting for the address and time Adam...

Oops, I completely forgot about this. Saturday is still good for the shoot. Tim hasn't responded to my emails, PM's, or SMS's, so I'll take it that he's not interested. The location is my house in Creed Court, Bakewell. Did we want to do a cruise afterwards? I know Luke will be keen to take the S13 out. That or we can have a bbq at my place or something. I'll have to reassemble the BBQ and do a clean around the yard, but that's not too much of an issue. It would be good just to have you all around for a few drinks. You all up for that? Even if you're not able to get your car in the photo, I'd still love to see you come along for the get together. Preferably if you bring some single girls aged 18-28. :yes:

Oops, I completely forgot about this. Saturday is still good for the shoot. Tim hasn't responded to my emails, PM's, or SMS's, so I'll take it that he's not interested. The location is my house in Creed Court, Bakewell. Did we want to do a cruise afterwards? I know Luke will be keen to take the S13 out. That or we can have a bbq at my place or something. I'll have to reassemble the BBQ and do a clean around the yard, but that's not too much of an issue. It would be good just to have you all around for a few drinks. You all up for that? Even if you're not able to get your car in the photo, I'd still love to see you come along for the get together. Preferably if you bring some single girls aged 18-28. :jamie:

yep, sounds good, make it around lunch time ish.. I'll bring a few drinks if you'd like, non-alcoholic ones of course...i dunno about the girls though...can someone else take care of that?