ancullen

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How does it run on the lower boost settings when it's tuned for 20psi? Is it just too rich, or do you not notice any issues? I figure you don't drive around on 20psi most of the time, so I'm just curious as to the results.

I wonder if the GT-Four is running overly rich or something, as my fuel economy is disproportionate to the performance. If I had like 400hp at the engine it would be fair enough, but for a very mildly modified engine, it just seems to guzzle the fuel. In one of the Motor magazines I have from when the ST205 was released in Australia, they got 10.9L/100km. The best I've seen is about 15.4L/100km, and that was using the throttle lightly. I'm tempted to remove one of the air lines so that I get no boost and drive through a full tank of fuel to see how the economy is.

adam maybe u hav a bad tune or ur engine is flogged and uses lots of fuel

anyone hav a paypal account?

It's a stock ECU, so it shouldn't be a bad tune.

And yes, I have a PayPal account.

probs have a busted sensor somewhere is my first bet i reccon

oxygen sensor, then maby the map>>?

That's quite possible. Since Saturday it's also started hunting for idle fairly regularly, but not all the time. The idle also seems high when it does settle, at around 1,400rpm. When it hunts, it goes between 1,400rpm and 2,000rpm, which is obviously really high. More money down the toilet - have to take it to Dave or something.

I just got rid of some 195/60 R15's, but still have six 195/50 R15's, four REALLY good ones (hardly worn) and two with heaps of tread left, but more noticably worn. Probably selling them today. If the guy doesn't come around, I'll let you know.