ancullen

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

X-Trail's have ZERO torque steer compared with Stephen's car, and I agree that they torque steer! As per last night's discussion Daven, I would NEVER want to own a high power FWD car. I respect others' choice to own one, but it's just not for me. AWD is king, and RWD is streets ahead of FWD. And before anyone gets on my case, I'm not actually suggesting that by saying AWD is king that the GT-Four is the best setup. I recognise it has many faults, but I like it, and it's not as bad as most would think. I'll try and get video tomorrow to demonstrate this. :( Would love a mid-engined AWD car one day. That be scha-weet!!! Mmm... Lamborghini.

Edited by ancullen

f@$ken oath i want to tell but its gonna be mad

yeah 4wd is inline with RWD for me i was looking into getting a 4wd something, but the i thaugt too mutch more to break

smashed the diffs in my RC nitro 4wd truck, ran it in fwd for ages, abslutly totally crap fun tho had a OS .30ci engine in it use to peal to second gear

raahhhhhhhhh.clunkk.rahhhhhhhhh stear,,, flipp good times,

I reckon we could work out what you're getting through a process of deduction.

You've already said it's going to be Toyota, and in the above post you've pretty much stated it's going to be RWD. So this gives me the following list of cars:

KE10-AE71 Corolla

Sprinter

Corona

Crown

Cressida

Lexcen

Aristo

Soarer

Supra

MR2

Hilux 2WD

There's possibly more cars than that, but these are the only ones that have come to mind.

I can't see you getting another Corolla when you've already got one so close to being done, therefore:

KE10-AE71 Corolla

Sprinter

Corona

Crown

Cressida

Lexcen

Aristo

Soarer

Supra

MR2

Hilux 2WD

You stated a couple of posts ago that you are sick of the f@$king around with cars, so I'm going to assume that whatever car you buy is pretty decent already, rather than buying something that needs to be modified to be quick. You also stated in that same post that you'll show what you're getting at the end of the year. This leads me to believe you're not buying a particular car, just a particular model. Therefore this car will have to be reasonably quick from the factory, not a specifically modified version, therefore:

KE10-AE71 Corolla

Sprinter

Corona

Crown

Cressida

Lexcen

Aristo

Soarer

Supra

MR2

Hilux 2WD

You have also stated on MANY occassions how much you love turbos, so again since you've stated you're sick of the f@$king around, I'm going to assume this is a turbo car from the factory, therefore:

KE10-AE71 Corolla

Sprinter

Corona

Crown

Cressida

Lexcen

Aristo

Soarer

Supra

MR2

Hilux 2WD

You also just don't come across as the MR2 type, as front-engine RWD seems to be more 'you', therefore:

KE10-AE71 Corolla

Sprinter

Corona

Crown

Cressida

Lexcen

Aristo

Soarer

Supra

MR2

Hilux 2WD

This leaves three cars, each a likely cantidate. The V8 Aristo and Soarer are already ruled out by not being turbos, plus it makes sense, as I can't imagine you wanting an auto. As I can't see you in an auto, the Aristo seems a bit unlikely, as the manuals are a bit harder to track down. This doesn't rule the car out entirely, just means if that's what you're considering, then it'll take a bit more effort.

However, if I had to guess from the above three, and I can't think of any other way to break it down further through logic, then I'd have to assume you're going for a Supra. Apparently they've been getting cheaper recently, 2JZ-GTE power suits you, they've got a bullet-proof drivetrain ready for more power when you decide to modify it (which you, of course will), and they're fast out of the box.

Am I close? :)

On the race track on Sunday we discovered that Anthony's orange S2000 has a bit more than the GT-Four up the straight. We'd both assumed that I'd be able to hold him out on the straight, even though we knew he'd have it all over me through the corners.

Comparing with the silver car, the GT-Four's mid-range torque was immediately obviously superior, but slower gearchanges and coming off boost for each gear change allows him to stay pretty close to me. Still trying to work out the best shift point for the GT-Four, as I feel it seems to be a waste of time revving much above 6,000rpm (redline is 7,200). Anthony's got it easier - rev it 9,000, slam it up a gear and revs drop to 6,000rpm, just where VTEC starts, so he's always in the power band.