ancullen

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Meh. On the bright side, the only issue L&S found was the driver's side lower control arm had a loose bolt that hadn't been tightened when the clutch work had been done. Otherwise all the bushes were okay. Spent a fair while chatting to Lachlan about the car as he'd been drooling over it a bit.

He also mentioned that he's never seen a suspension setup like that (Superstrut) on a Japanese car before, and he's only seen it on a very few European cars. He didn't like the fact that there's little to no adjustability in it, which I agree with him on. So much simpler with just a basic strut & lower control arm setup. Want camber? Use an adjustable strut top. Want camber on mine? You've got to buy a spacer plate that doesn't give adjustability, just a fixed amount of camber.

My Sway Bars arrived yesterday, and damn their heavy, far out didn't know they were that heavy. Guess I'll have to learn to drive again with them installed, its gonna change alot from my old corolla then. :/

Wells, cars in compliance, so hopefully it'll be outta there in a week and have it on the way! CAN'T WAIT FOR IT TO ARRIVE

:y:

Yeah, only twelve entries in the khana which sucked. And who cares about the GTi-R, didn't you catch the GT-Four skids? The best ones were one the last course at the end of the day, and then they were topped by the AWD drifting through Turn 14 (reverse direction). :y:

car made 206.1fwkw 18psi(sneaking up to about 18.5ish psi) havnt had net at home nor have i been at work.

will scan her up,

car saw 175-180fwkw on 14 AND 16psi, only difference being is the 16psi had more midrange power.

so yeah on 20psi would probably see like 220fwkw perhaps.

fuel pressure was a little wavey so grabbed a turbosmart fuel reg to sort that just waiting on the fuel rail adapter and on it goes then back to daves for hime to whack it on and check the A/F ratios and fix a minor missfire

I've heard rumours about your car on the dyno from two completely seperate sources since I saw you on Thursday. Both suggested that the power figure was more like 206hp rather than kilowatts. Not sure about how accurate either one is, and really only Dave will know. Definitely not trying to bad mouth Dave or your car, and as I said, these sources can not be 100% accurate as I figure only Dave was present for the tuning.

It has also been mentioned that apparently with the software there's a minor glitch, so that a dyno run can be done in hp, then the setting can be changed to kW, and it will still show the peak figure as the same number with kw at the end rather than hp. This sounds pretty dubious to me though - more a case of jealousy from the person that suggested it (damn V8 loving bogan).

I was under the impression that Dave's dyno read a bit low compared with others, so it does seem a bit surprising that you could make the same figure as was made down south at higher boost, so if it were 'only' 206hp at the wheels at 18psi, it would seem about right.

The only accurate way to test it is for you to race it against me in the GT-Four. :D

no lies here. When the car first went in for a tune, it made something in the vicinity of 140-155fwkw(dave called me saying car was ready and he could only pull 206hp out of it lol) on 14psi-20psi, i took the car back to dave as it spat a plug that was blocking a hole in the throttle body which i took the car back to dave to put a thread in it and muck around with it, i spoke with him saying that there is no way the car should be making that low power figure, he agreed, said it may have been an ignition problem, so dave had the car for awhile tinkering with it and put a few relays on it, he then dropped the exhaust, car made closer to 210fwkw, that being said, he then inspected the cat, the cat was rather blocked with just muck/deposits etc so that was err "cleaned out"... lol and car made the 206.1fwkw run.

I doubt dave is the sort of person that would feck with power figures.

the tune from qld was always known as a conservative tune(should have made more power)

but alas, car is going back to dave's to get the FPR fitted along with a miss fixed, and tuned on 20psi(he originally didnt tune it on 20psi as he said it made enough power on 18psi so yeah)

I was shocked when he said over the phone it only made 206hp, he also said boost was all over the shop which he rectified by fiddling with the EBC(was set to be way to sensitive)

P.S I don't think this makes sense now.

So quickly,

First time it went in, car made like 155fwkw(approx figure from my head)/206hp at the wheels

Car went back to Daves to get the idle fixed and let him have a tinker

Idle was fixed/few wiring things fixed/cat was modified car made the 206fwkw on 18psi and 175-180fwkw on 14psi/16psi

So yeah thats essentially it.

But I am sure none of you think Dave would be the dodgy bastard that does bogus dyno sheets eh

Edit: You all remember Dui's/Daniels old 86, that made approx 160rwkw with less boost/not as modded and was tuned/dynoed by dave, cars down south are making 160fwkw with little t28's/wrx turbos on 15-20psi just as a ballpark

Edited by Pure-SX