Ke70 Fuel Tank Mod

hi everybody i am wondering on if anyone has a ke70 khana cross or rally car as i am thinking of building one but i know the tank is hanging out the bottom of the car and don't want to put a whole in it how hard would it be to adapt a ke30 or 55 tank into the boot??

Members dont see this ad

heyy yes i run my ke70 in khanacross/motorkhana/autocross trust me mate you wont have a problem with putting a hole in your tank because the mudflaps have to be like 100mm-150mm (10cm-15cm) from the ground!! plus you would have to be goin majour off road to hit the tank on the ground etc etc!!

Cheers Corey

But then you have to weigh up a lower polar moment of inertia with a higher CoG. Personally I think you're better off keeping the fuel tank low and behind the rear axle. Moving it to a position directly above the rear axle is a very significant increase in CoG but only a small decrease in polar moment. Ideally you'd mount it on the floor behind the driver but thats not legal or safe in anyones book.