How Much Weight Have People Managed To Strip Out Of There Ke70's??

rollcage with wheels lol

nah best way would be to go all the fibreglass or even carbon fibre light weight shit. Most rally cars do them but I'm not sure about KE's, also it would leave a fair big hole in your wallet. You can also use light weight windows made out of some kind of plastic, not sure though. Like everyone has suggested remove all the unnecessary bits in your car

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As its only a rally paddock bashed type,. Don't worry to much about weight loss. Strip it out for nothing. remove the old seat belts, move the air intake inside the cabin (avoid dust). remove the rear half of the exhaust (keep the first muffler/cat to avoid fires), remove rear seats, head liner, lower part of the dash etc etc.. Sound deadner if you want to.

Mucho fun! I just got back from a weekend where we had my St162 as a rally car, the VN commodore (mine too) and the 88 Laser. Awsome fun. My mate rolled the VN but its still drives. I'm going to pull out the glass and bend the roof up. Stock car style.

keep the headliner and front door cards as there are handy when you roll as it gives you a little more padding and avoids you from damageing your helmet (if your wearing one lol).

get a car that wont die to easly, i.e. a ke70 (something old and pushrod they seem to last longer).

we had a t-18 and a 120y t-18 was incredible fun, it blew clouds of smoke and i was scared of revving it over 4,000 because of the super bad piston slap (it had no rings), the 3t had heaps of toque.. it got rolled twice and thing to kill it was the t-series kinda broke in it :lolcry:

the 120y was held on the valve bounce constantly and smashed threw gears thanks to the dog box no or little clutch was needed. never over heated even though when it was running it wouldn't get over about 70km's and wouldn't fall below 4,000. mods included sick sounding side pipe, stripped interior custom scalloped side from tree swapping and 13" corolla steelies on the front.

Edited by tas_ae71

keep the headliner and front door cards as there are handy when you roll as it gives you a little more padding and avoids you from damageing your helmet (if your wearing one lol).

get a car that wont die to easly, i.e. a ke70 (something old and pushrod they seem to last longer).

we had a t-18 and a 120y t-18 was incredible fun, it blew clouds of smoke and i was scared of revving it over 4,000 because of the super bad piston slap (it had no rings), the 3t had heaps of toque.. it got rolled twice and thing to kill it was the t-series kinda broke in it :)

the 120y was held on the valve bounce constantly and smashed threw gears thanks to the dog box no or little clutch was needed. never over heated even though when it was running it wouldn't get over about 70km's and wouldn't fall below 4,000. mods included sick sounding side pipe, stripped interior custom scalloped side from tree swapping and 13" corolla steelies on the front.

haha that sounds like fun a bit like what i am planing to do but a little less harsh and we are setting up a rally stage and doing timed runs

we had a t-18 and a 120y t-18 was incredible fun, it blew clouds of smoke and i was scared of revving it over 4,000 because of the super bad piston slap (it had no rings), the 3t had heaps of toque.. it got rolled twice and thing to kill it was the t-series kinda broke in it :)

Its the 13" corollas steelies that did the trick then ;)

yea i will definately wear a helmet but don't really plan on rolling over :)

anyway work starts this weekend stripping weight out will let you know how much i manage to get out of it