How Much Weight Have People Managed To Strip Out Of There Ke70's??

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol why not. I have heard of people doing this, but they only do it to one side of the chassis rail or something.

Thats insane, if you have a cage you might be able to get away with some, but I wouldnt bother.

Ontopic, there is one forum member who has a legendarily light ke70 rallycar, Ive heard in the ballpark of 700kgs. It is a mythical creature whos' ovarian cycle depends on the gravitational balance between the moon and its upright k heart.

if it's a rally won't you have a weight limit for the class?

we have a 1600cc and the class limit is 880kg's

if it's 1300cc it's 790kg's.

if your planning to go lighter you can get a ke70 below 700 kg's, but it requires lexen windows, no door frames, fiberglass bonnet, boot, bumpers etc.

I think this is just paddock bashing...not a true organised rally.

well it is but its not we are not really going around trying to destroy cars for the hell of it is more a group of mates seeing who can build the best 1200-1600cc and then set up a track and do time trials and so on so its not paddockbashing but it is

In that case, I'll drop my 2c here.

I don't actually know how much this weighed in at, but with 2 guys about my size (And I'm scrawny) we could lift the rear end clear off the ground with about a half tank of juice onboard by hand....... But please, for the sake of all things holy, leave your drivers side door on at least..........

But it was pretty quick when the going got rough......

100_1082.jpg

haha yea i don't think i will go to that extreme but anything that has no use will be pulled

That's essentially what I did, windows aren't neccessary, neither is the exhaust, or doors, or the dashboard..... lol

Way I figured it was, if it doesnt help it run or drive, it doesn't need to be there....... :S

Mate of mine has a ke30 that he went to town on with a 9in and all that is left is the floor and the fire wall he welded a roll cage and converted the back wheels to landcruiser wheels and the frount ones are dunnydoor ones its a baddock bassher with the stock 1300 in it and is SICK !!!!! holds 3 gear drift on dirt no worries and sees its far share of really bad driving threw bushes and over jumps best car iv ever driven

I once weighted everything that is remove-able in my ke70, but my harddrive crashed and I don't feel like weighting everything over again :)

but here is some from my memory, please note that I cannot guarantee this is 100% correct

complete heater with fan everything approx 8kg + the water capacity

dashboard with instruments etc everything 6-7kg

doors frame ONLY no windows or any internal mechanism ( 2 door sedan model ) 10kg each

complete doors approx 25-30kg each ( 2 door model )

back seats around 9-10kg ( both of the 2 parts )

front fender approx 4kg each

old type mirrors approx 150gram each

new type mirrors 1.1kg each

for fibreglass parts you can calculate approx 1/3rd to 1/2 of the weight, but this really depends on how thick and what parts

lexan windows I assume 1/2 of the weight, the windows isn't very heavy, perhaps 10kg saved if you change all of them

rollcage add 35-40kg for a basic 6point rollcage, using 45/2.5mm for main pipe and 38/2mm for the rest, but this really depends on how you build it

i think 650kg ( + driver ) is possible if you got $$$

750kg without spending 1$ is possible

in rally it's more important to have the car balanced well than weighting less, it's easiest to remove weight in the rear, but if the car weight only 200kg on the rear axle it won't go anywhere.. only spin

Edited by David

mate told me about grinding out most of the floor (unstructural parts of course) and just mig'ing in thinner sheet metal. I'd assume there would be alot you could remove, if your only limit is the exterior has to be intact. gutting the doors of regulators etc might add up to a little? i'd love to have the room and time to do some 'organised paddock bashing' video clips are a must.