Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ae92 Sx Seca Drama

Featured Replies

  • Author

I was just going to knock one up out of flex line, but the only drams is the extra lines that run off this one section, ohh and the coroded alloy housings on either end!

 

They had a part number for what we wanted, even had an exploded view showing what I want, but then in typical dealership style, they wanted the VIN before they would supply parts!

 

Bursons, repco etc didnt supply the part we wanted, hence going to toyota directly (which is one thing I really hate doing)

 

Now my only dilema is this-

 

cam covers are bare alloy silver, was thinking of giving them a coat of high temp black, aswell as the runners for the inlet manifold (keep things tidier, less grease smudges) but now I'm tempted just chuck them on for now, and polish them up when I get a chance, decisions decisions.

 

On another note, my AE92 with a dodgy 4AGE conversion (was 4AFE) is ready for rego, got blueslipped. Picked it up for $300. so should make a decent profit to flog it off.

 

EDIT:

 

off on another tangent-

Anyone live around the central coast area that is running a set of lumpier cams in a 4AGE 16V with a std computer? I'm tempted to throw a set in, but I'm worried about the loss of drivability from the STD computer settings, nt keeping up with the cams.

Edited by orangeLJ

  • Replies 32
  • Views 57.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

pictures from the strip down a few weeks ago-

 

Pic_1001_225.jpg

 

Pic_1001_226.jpg

 

Pic_1001_227.jpg

 

Pic_1001_228.jpg

 

Pic_1001_229.jpg

 

You get the idea, I didnt grab any photos of the valves I found to be f@$ked.

 

Pistons are in. new rings and bearings, caps are tightened to spec.

 

Just about to go down and throw a new water pump in, and bolt the inlet and bits to the head, ready to throw on one arvo this week.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

It lives.

 

Need to fix tyhe throttle body, as the "pellet" system is jammed up according to the fuel injection guy.

 

Said a good soak in carby clean would work to stop the "hunting".

 

Sounds pretty sweet now. better then it ever did before I rebuilt it.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.