Ke30 2 Door Ftw

Falken_KE30

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Motor is back in and all hooked up..

Havent started or driven it yet.. will do that tommorow as I'm fairly stuffed today lol..

Have got brake line fixed, and brakes all bleed.., Have got a relay for fuel Pump wired up.. sorta.

Need to know what i can tap into for when i switch the key to "on" the pump runs.. the relay is near battery as its a Fuse type one. so i need to tap into a "on" wire somewhere in the engine bay, and the earth is pretty simple.

Also, is there anything wrong with having a thermo fan on all the time while car running?

Edited by Falken_KE30

I don't think they are designed to run constantly. Anyway I have a thermo fan on my weekend ke20 with the 5k motor and I have hooked the fan up to a toogle switch, and mainly turn it on when driving slowly, especially through town and stopping at traffic lights etc. :)

When I'm on the open road I hardly ever use it. :yes:

yeah i know... is rather lumpy.. not sure if its a stock cam, or a slightly lumpy one.. i know it does need a tune, and i need to advance the timing more i think.

Either way its awesome!!! have to adjust the clutch i think, we i put pedal down 3/4 way its disengaged completly, but if i put pedal to floor it whines really bad.. but the whine gooes away if i only go 3/4 of the way.. the clutch still grabs and works fine though as you can see.

:wink:

Once you learn the importance of a decent earth, you won't forget it in a hurry.

Electrical current (and sufficient sized wiring and earthing) is just like putting a set of side draft webers and a ported head on a motor with a stock exhaust manifold. There's no point in having a 'big mouth' - (fat wire etc) if you don't have a sufficently sized sphincter!!!! :D

Speaking of which, how many earth straps do you have on the motor? at least 2?