Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Weber 28/36, Does Any One Know About These Carbs?

Featured Replies

I'm trying to find out if a 28/36 dcd weber will fit straight on a 3K-c engine, (I know I need an adapter plate,( I'm in the process of looking for one)).

But I'm not sure if I should jet it down, and if so, what should I jet it down to?

Can someone tellme what I need to do for this job, if it is required.

  • Author
I'm trying to find out if a 28/36 dcd weber will fit straight on a 3K-c engine, (I know I need an adapter plate,( I'm in the process of looking for one)).

But I'm not sure if I should jet it down, and if so, what should I jet it down to?

Can someone tellme what I need to do for this job, if it is required.

 

 

 

Come on guys, someone must know more about these carb's

I not 100% sure but I believe they are off a GT cortina, 1500cc. Might need some tweaking

for a 3k but depends on what mods you've done.

I believe I had one of these on my ke11 with a 4k and just ran it with standard jets.

 

I think doug uses them on his ke's...

 

Scott.

  • Author
I not 100% sure but I believe they are off a GT cortina, 1500cc. Might need some tweaking

for a 3k but depends on what mods you've done.

I believe I had one of these on my ke11 with a 4k and just ran it with standard jets.

 

I think doug uses them on his ke's...

 

Scott.

 

cheers

Scott

I have a 28/36 dcd weber carby on my 3k - i could take some pics this afternoon of how its mounted if you like? :S

You've asked this previously in another thread.

 

The most important tuning adjustment to set a DCD up on a given motor is the venturi size. Jetting is determined by the venturi size, venturi size is determined by projected output and other mods.

 

The only info you have given is that the motor is a 3k-c, I assume in a ke3x corolla from your user name. What other mods have been done ie. compression, cam, headwork, extractors, exhaust etc. ?

 

Every combo is different, and the more information given the better you can expect the answers to your questions.

  • Author
I have a 28/36 dcd weber carby on my 3k - i could take some pics this afternoon of how its mounted if you like? :yes:

Jarsky,

if you could send pics that would awsome.

 

Cheers

 

Here's some more info about my car, I'm looking to put a Weber 28/36 dcd carb on a stock 3k-c motor( 1977 corolla, with a 4sp.). Everything is original on the car I just ordered a weber28/36 carbie. I just need to know what is required to install this carb. and some good suggestions to go along with it, to get extra power out out of this engine.

Later on I'm going to get a 2" exhaust with extracters, but for right now I don't have much money so I'm going to start with a carb.

 

thanks

 

Felix

Edited by 77_Rolla

I haven't done anything to my 3K - it was modded by the previous owner.

Can see in the pics though most of whats new and been fitted on. Maybe someone else can identify whats been used :)

Edited by Jarsky

What venturis are in it? They have a number cast on each of them which is fairly easily seen by looking down the barrels. Most have 26/27mm primary and secondary venturis in them as they are setup for a warm 1500.

 

Try the following settings:

 

Primary/Secondary

 

Venturis 23 25

Main Jets 125 135

Air Correctors 190 180

Idle Jets 50 55

Edited by Felix

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.