Rollaclub Drag Meet

Pure-SX

I propose that we get together and take our cars down to hidden valley at one of the street meets.

Possible dates are

August 15th

September 26th

October 24th

If you are not a member of the Hidden Valley Drag Racing Association it will cost us $45.00 each ($40 for racing & $5.00 for a ANDRA day membership).

Cars need to me road registered or road registerable etc.

Opinions?

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suggest August 15th as it should ensure cooler weather to optimise our times somewhat.

I'll also work on trying to get Anthony to bring the S2000 down. He's got a friend with a turbo Civic that may be able to attend - it should be ready by then. :S

EDIT: A lapsprint meet up would be good too. Drag's will be fun, but circuit racing's better. :no2: Especially with Shane getting as quick as he is, and Stephen having an understeer special. :P

Edited by ancullen

I think you'd be surprised at what could beat you up the straight when circuit racing. A good exit from Turn 14 makes a HUGE difference. I can never get it right, and as a result I've been trounced by a few cars.

How about drag meet on August 15, then a lapsprint challenge on September 7?

If I get my act together I might have semi-slicks on the front, but I doubt it. I've still got to really get my act together and do the clutch. :P

i reckon your pushing your own figures a bit far...

i'll be happy to settle with a flat 17 with mine. (18.95 last time with the old carb)

Is that 45 bucks for both lapsprint and the drags each?

When i do get the fx, i'll be signing up for the annually, want to get into racing, however unlikely for me, but i want to give it a go.

I never got off my ass and raced the current corolla, previous owner managed a flat 16(16.01) or something along those lines in street trim.

Can't wait for the Levin :D

And thats $45.00 just for the drags mate.

Edited by Pure-SX

cheers adam anywere local lol

um hopin for a mid 12 anything quicker and ill be happy

Can't think of anything local off the top of my head. I'll ask Brenton Taylor tomorrow to see if he knows of anywhere. He may not, as I know he's got a Tilton fully adjustable pedal box. Too much money dammit. :D

i reccon the GT4 will run a mid 13

aw11, in its current state, mid to low 14

steves new car on good tyers maby a low 13 high 12

my car when its done i reccon a low 9 maby a 8 on street tyers

You were going so well till you estimated your own times. Toyota Australia claimed the GT-Four Group A would do 0-100km/h in 5.9 seconds, and a 13.8 quarter mile (according to Motor magazine - http://www.gtfours.co.uk/stuff/articles/6/page3.jpg). The best figure I've heard for a stock ST205 from a magazine is 14.2. So with the higher boost and other slight improvements my car has, I think a 13.5 is a reasonable goal.

I assume you are joking about your own times. To get even a 9-sec time out of an AE71 with 4A-GTE, you'd have to do some EXTREME suspension work, run at least a GT30 turbo, and bore and stroke the shit out of the engine. Not going to happen. A realistic goal is a 12-sec quarter, and even that will take a lot of work.

My guesses/goals for August 15 would be as follows:

ST205: 13.5

AW11: 14.0

AE92: 13.0-13.5

I think the Levin should have the ability to do 12's, but obviously Stephen won't have had time to do practice launches, and I'm assuming it will still be on sports tyres, not slicks or semi-slicks. With 200+kW at the front wheels, with good rubber and practice, I see no reason why a 12-second time is out of the question. But launching a light FWD car with such horsepower is going to take some serious practice. That's why I like the idiot-proofness of the GT-Four. :lovin: Even I can launch it fast. :yes:

And entry into the lapsprints costs about $100 in total when you include day licence, entry fees and everything.

Fark Adam I am impressed, you actually posted something without some massive ego boosting attribute to your own post. :D

I reckon Adam is on the jackpot when it comes to them times. I will be happy with a 13 be it high or low for my first time ever drag racing the Levin :yes:

You guys may or may not be interested, but when I found the magazine article I attached above, I also found a nice guide from Zoom magazine to modifying the 3S-GTE. It's all on http://www.gtfours.co.uk/. Just go to the 'Stuff' link from the menu on the left, then 'GT4 magazine articles'. The Zoom article is the one at the very bottom. Not sure how accurate the info is, but it makes it sound like the ST205 is VERY easy to get extra power from. It almost makes me want to spend some money on the car and aim for 220-250kW at the wheels. It'd be cool, but I like the idea of keeping the car very close to stock.

I was quite surprised that they only estimate 115kW at the wheels on a standard ST205, but by their modifying guide I should be at around 140-150kW at the wheels, remembering that I'm running 1.1bar of boost. This article is the only time I've seen that 1.25-1.3bar is where the fuel cut is meant to come on. Normally I've only seen a figure of 1.1bar, but maybe that only applies to the regular ST205, not the Group A. :D

Edited by ancullen