Velcro Tape

never

Hey all,

I find that my front foot mats move around a bit and I don't want to be putting my feet directly on the carpet as it will wear out. So I want a way to secure my mats to a particular spot on the carpet. I would be using the tape side on my mat and then the velcro attaches to the carpet. I know I have seen velcro tape but i don't know where to get any. Anyone point me in the right direction??? repco had no idea what I was talking about... :D

Edited by never

Members dont see this ad

I have used it at school to help with building model solar cars, to attach panels etc.

We used to get big rolls of the stuff for our purposes and it was fairly good.

I am not sure where our teacher got it from though.....

Maybe bunnings, lincraft or spotlight ?

I am guessing that lincraft or spotlight might sell it because it is a crafty kinda thing.

big w sells it too.

the sew on and the stick on stuff.

what might be worth a try is putting the grippy side on the mat and see if it will just grip to the carpet, save you having to stitch velcro to your carpet...

just a thought.

cheers, andrew

Velcro won't work without gluing or stitching it to your mats and your carpet... which is kinda stupid as you'll have dirty big strips of velcro accumulating detritus and ruining the very carpet the mats are there to protect.

Go buy some higher quality, heavier mats with a rubber backing. They don't move around.