Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4k Stumbles When I Just Put My Foot Down

Featured Replies

went for a drive in my yellow 55 today for the first time and i noticed when I'm just cruzing along and i go to put my foot down if i got straight flat to the floor the engine seems to stumble and wont run smooth it only does it once the secondary butterfly on the carby opens..

 

my question is.. is this normal for a stock standard 4k?? or is there somthing wrong somewhere??

 

thanks

Did you make sure all the carby lines are all connected? Nothing is leaking?

 

Maybe your carby may need a good tune.

my ke20 does this too. it has a 4k block &head with 3k ancillaries, so a manual choke. i have noticed it only when the choke is on. my theory is if the mixture is already rich with the choke and the extra fuel from the accelerator pump as you put your foot down makes the mixture too rich. this results in a short pause (stumble) as the mixture becomes lean enough to ignite. this is just my theory, dunno if it is correct but all i know is when the choke is in the engine performs fine but with the choke out the engine has a short pause under hard acceleration. is your ke55 an auto choke? if it is you may need to let it get fully warm before putting your foot flat to the floor. i want to see what everyone else (people with know how) thinks.

maybe your main jet in the first butterfly is blocked and needs cleaning! i had the same problem!

I also had this problem, I used to drive 40ks and back everyday to school, and it would also do it, biggest pain in the arse. I have a dad and my boyfriend is also a mechanic, they thought I was going crazy because it would never do it when they were in the car. Mine had smeg in the needle and seat, caused it to flood, and you had to play around with the accelerator when you were driving to get it to work again. smeg in the fuel can do it too.

I have a mate in dubbo who has a ke70 and they had the same problem, but it wasn't the carbs or anything in the engine bay, it had them stumped, they ended up pulling out the fuel tank. There was an empty bottle of additive inside the fuel tank! :D

What!!?? You're censoring my post? I can't say S H I T anymore?

Smeg? what kind of a word is smeg?

Anyway good luck with your carby troubles, I just wanted to complain.

lol, you had appliances in your carby :D smeg

 

anywho

 

what rpm is this happening at?

with a carby car, if your doing 2000rpm and flat foot it,the mixtures are gonna go pig rich and she will bog down.

it pays to feed the throttle in as the revs rise, or knock it back a cog if you wanna use all the go pedal...

What!!?? You're censoring my post? I can't say S H I T anymore?

Smeg? what kind of a word is smeg?

Anyway good luck with your carby troubles, I just wanted to complain.

 

Welcome to the new family friendly rollaclub. I'll remove shit from the filter but...

 

Smeg (from wikipedia):

Smeg is a mild vulgarism which reached prominence through its use as a supposedly inoffensive expletive in the British sci-fi/sit-com Red Dwarf. The word was used to replace almost every vulgar term used in the show's conversations, with the exception of the very mild. Additionally, the word itself had many variants, including "smegging" and "smeghead"

 

but it was a washing machine advert that reminded me of Red Dwarf.

I just assumed it was the moderator of the same name who sugegsted we censor with the word smeg.

 

As for the carby issue, could be your accelerator pump - check valve or diaphragm perhaps, so it's leaning out when you gas it because there isnt enough fuel getting sprayed in.

  • 2 weeks later...

Sounds like shes running rich. start it, let it idle. then wind in the mixture screw in (clockwise) untill the motor sound like its gonna stall then wind the mix screw out (anti-clockwise) 2.5 turns, this should give a decent mix for a K motor. the 2.5 mightnt be pefect, to get it to its best toy with it (1/4 turn each way MAX) till it sounds like its running at its best.

 

just make sure theres no SMEG, gunk, crap, stuff, foriegn matter or excrement in the jets :dance:

 

CHEERS

Ryan

  • Author

Fixed it :dance:

 

gave the car a tune up and the idel mixture screw was all up the creek

 

thanks for your help

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.