How To Replace

Gr3mlin

Members dont see this ad

CV Joints !

Ahahah

Heres a quick guide

Put car up on jack, take off front wheels, drain tranny fluid.

Take off break calipa's, take off split pins holding in front axels in, and take off anything else holding the break setup onto the axel, spin breaks around so they are out of the way, take out more split pins which hold CV's in gearbox. Pull like crazy till the bitches come out, remove old gaskets / bearings if they get stuck inside.

Do this to both sides and reverse process for putting them back. Make it noted that its a real bitch to put the CV's back in sometimes, and they need a good hammering to get in.

Id try searching for an Ae101 genuine toyota book on ebay...

ive never done a CV (thank gawd) - but if i had to do it, id be able to; its just a process of taking off what is in the way and using common sence.

:greenbounce:

Haha, its an outta CV.

ive noticed since getting new mags, (17's) the CV is clicking like its on heat, not when I'm going straight forward, but yeah.

I found a guy 2 help me do it anyway, hes a mechanic! ah, the wonderfully small world of new zealand, everyone know something! lol, and someone!

Anyhow, i do have a front wheel drive! am i one of a select few? AM I RARE? lol, no, I'm comman! lol!

thanks for the replies!

Oh, why on earth would i feel a preformance decrease going from 15's to 17's?

is this normal?

Man, I'm scared of the fuzz. :greenbounce: Just until i get my full liecence and my car Re WOF'ed.

Nite all, its been a long week and I'm completely Donkey'ed. Night.

-Gremlin-

Anyhow, i do have a front wheel drive! am i one of a select few?

Not all of us have those common RWD vehicles.

Anyway once I have the scanner plugged back in I will scan up the manual for the steps to CV replacement.

(easy to scan now seeing as the removalists screwed my service manual - apparently citronella and the binding material don't mix)