Marv's Ke70 V2.0

marvis

3mths I'm hoping.. Will know when i get the letter.

That is so gay. They can write us tickets and honestly they have no idea what they are talking about. I had a cop point to my thermofan once and tell me that it needed a shroud. Its physically impossible to touch the spinning blades. Idiot. If they cannot tell a thermofan from a clutch fan were all screwed.

Anyhow, looks like a very interesting beastie. I tried sierra shocks but they were the complete opposite of handling. They were far too short and preloaded the springs slightly to go on. You need a decent amount of droop or your suspension will not work properly at all, and you will slowly wreck the shocks with all the impacts to full extension. Plus they were soooooooo stiff. It was vertebre crushing material. They lasted one trip around the block. In my opinion its one mod that people do to their sprinters which should never be done to a keto. The ride height is slightly different on a keto and they just don't work.

don't let the rego lapse while its off the road, or you will find it harder to rerego with a 4age in it.

All the best. :dance:

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keeping it rego'd, only did it a few weeks ago.

Yes LOL @ cops.

What would you reccomend for a 165 - 180mm 6kg spring?

Thanks,

marvis.

Well its hard to say. I run softer springs, maybe 2.5-3kg/mm range or so. I need them longer cause they crush lots when the car comes down. I'm using commodoore length shocks, VB commodoore I think. Gt gas monroes, they work fine for now. Once I fit the adjustables up fron Ill need adjustables rear too to balance her out.

All I can say is, if you wanna run it hard n low, maybe some TRD Greens. 8 Way adjustable, can be rebuilt I think so theyre shocks for life. Probably as short as sierras almost. Maybe shorter. At the end of the day theyre designed for a sprinter so they may be a touch short for a ke.

If I were you Id use Commodoore shocks though. They keep my springs quite captive, should keep shorter ones fairly well captive. On the Rollaclub paddock bashing weekend we proved that its very very hard to have the rear springs fall out, even hitting gullies at 70klicks with 2 snapped rear shock absorbers. It didnt handle well, or feel safe, but it didnt drop the springs either.

Why such a short spring? With that length and rate its most certainly for track drift. If it was for the street aswell Id be setting it up a little more dual purpose. Maybe 5kg springs at the most. Then you can retain a little driveablility too. Just my 2cents, eh. Its your car, do as you wish. I'm just not a fan of doing a cheap trick to my suspension to make an underpowered car drift. I mean, all the serious drifters have some serious HP behind them. Id be looking to get more power from the car and running the suspension in a driveable state, if it was me.

I wanted to do suspension first then an engine, learn to drive in an under powered car so i wouldn't kill myself.

I got defected last night... GAY.

Only got my for height, no air filter and steering wheel... the dude was an idiot and had no idea.

Oh that sucks mate.

I'm not saying add a tonne of power. I'm not saying make a massive change from your direction, just retain a little travel and run a softer spring on the street, then swap to the stiffies for the track possibly. Rear springs are the easiest to swap! Adjustable shocks may come in handy if you go this way.

Anyhow, best of luck with the defect.

Oh that sucks mate.

I'm not saying add a tonne of power. I'm not saying make a massive change from your direction, just retain a little travel and run a softer spring on the street, then swap to the stiffies for the track possibly. Rear springs are the easiest to swap! Adjustable shocks may come in handy if you go this way.

Anyhow, best of luck with the defect.

Yeah yeah, i knowwhat you are saying.. I do stuff on the street so i'd rather keep it all the same :dance:

Edited by marvis

Yeah yeah, i knowwhat you are saying.. I do stuff on the street so i'd rather keep it all the same :dance:

As for defects, will they go over my whole car, or only the stuff i got done for - ride height, no air filter, exhaust and steering wheel?

In Victoria, you would just have to get a road worthy certificate, go to VicRoads to clear the defect and they'll just check over what you were defected for.

Sucks you were defected, but I guess that's a part of modifying a car.

As for clearing the defect, do i just sort out the things they mentioned and go into DOT and they will only check them things? or will they go over my whole car?

Can i unrego it, get a RWC and rego it without DOT looking at it? Or will it 100% need to go over the pits?

thanks,

marvis.

Damn I hate the cops attitude these days. Wow what a fast and dangerous car a stock corolla is. I don't know many people in a corolla trying to break power records. They really should be picking on all the tossers in skylines, with overpowered underdeveloped cars. I can't believe an old KE could attract so much attention, they should be out there stopping real crime rather than wasting your time and theirs with petty offenses that don't really have a victim.

^ It's because it's so low and they must think i'm some dumbarse in cut stock spring or someshit. Thats what i told the guy last week.. Told him my car is safer then alot of cars o nthe road and told him to defect a skylinke in which i was pointing at, at which point he questioned if i was a mechanic, which i directed back at him.

What were you doing on the way there? Why all the cops? :yes:
Just chilling, most the way.. Dunno, they just must not have anything better to do. Edited by marvis