We Just Got Scammed?

Well I think we just got scammed.

An indian comes over and says he's working for optus.

Its 8:15pm, a bit late to come doorknocking?

Well he offers dad all these things like a free phone, faster internet, cheap phone bills and other stuff.

Dad gives him all this info... Including medicare numbers?

Well me being the paranoid idiot i am, i go outside and hide behind my rolla.

he says goodbye and walks to the sidewalk half way between our house and the neighbours.

So meanwhile i'm lying on the cold wet grass being the sneaky bastard I am and watch him. :dance: :yes: :hmm:

after what feels like 5 minutes of him talking on the phone a taxi-like van turns up (but without the taxi lights and stuff)

He gets inside and the van and they drive off.

Now i feel like an idiot for telling you this.... *Sigh*

Members dont see this ad
Did he display any ID? These guys are required to by law... you get a name? Company he works for? Anything?

8:15 Pm isn't so unusual these days though. They know you'll be home.

Yeah he had a card and crap. Works for optus "apparently" had some massive indian name.

But them scammers are pretty smart these days...

Have you changed phone or internet providers recently?

There are plenty of scammers around and they are more than happy to scam businesses too. We had a scammer try to do my work. Just lucky the accountant spotted it (and he works 50km away) because the deadbeat boss was actually going to buy this shit. Then they wanted me to talk to telstras fraud department about our phone setup...ooohkay then! ...I didn't end up calling them back lol smegem!

Now now lets not have this degenerate into a racist slur thread.

Rules say: Racist, sexist or other offensive posts wont be tolerated. You may be banned outright.

n.b. this isn't aimed at JiP_01 there's a deleted post between his post and mine. And NO Jon you can't have access to the trashcan!

I didnt fill out and of the forms dad did, where you sign the papers it has his as well, could as easily been somebody else's since it was already there.

And dad talked to optus. As i said before, scammers are getting pretty smart, could have been something else.

Apparently he's been in adelaid for 2 days? he flew over from sydney apparently.

He's probably legit... I'm just paranoid. :dance: