Ke30 Demister=charge Light On?

DouggehKE30

Probly somthing that i have to get the ole multimeter out, and find myself but i am slack.....

Basicaly, when i turn the demisters on, the charge light comes on, it isnt bright it is dull.

But i think the demisters still work.???

Just wanted to be shown in the right derection, baring in mind i am not the bigest automotive guru.

Cheers

Doug

Members dont see this ad

Thats what i thought to start with, but.....

I can have everything including my amp(sucking the life out of my battery) hightbeams, windscreen wipers etc(basicly everything) on and the light doesnt even flicker.

But if i turn every thing off and just only the demisters on, the light says hellow.

So I didnt think that power was an issue.

Or am i still wrong and need better alternator?

Cheers

Doug

You would be staggered how much current the demisters draw. Could well be as much as everything else put together. Still sounds like an alternator not keeping up with the power requirements. Try either a reco one or bigger amp alternator.

You would be staggered how much current the demisters draw. Could well be as much as everything else put together. Still sounds like an alternator not keeping up with the power requirements. Try either a reco one or bigger amp alternator.

Fair enough

Will look into getting a better or bigger one.

Thanks for you help AGAIN!

Douggeh

• 1 month later...