Compliance Plates

1JZ~lux

Basically HSFA is Toyota's way of telling us its a four door sedan with an automatic gearbox and the numbers at the end of the letters has nothing to do with chassis codes.

The chassis code (or what i should be saying is frame number) starts with KE55E-9xxxxx (as with the ke55) the ke30 starts with KE30-7xxxxx its found on the firewall.

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad

If it doesn't have the chassis number, whats to stop you from just plucking one from pick n pinch? I put my ke20 compliance plate in a cleaning solution to get the crud off it and it became tinfoil (yeah I forgot about it :sob: ). The HSFA-02813 bit looks like paint code/auto/manual/diff ratio etc.

It just happens I know of a KE35 around the same year at a local wrecker that I may be able to visit, if wanted.

As for my car I might be able to use one from one of the cars I'm wrecking. I'm going to give the Transport Dept. a call one day and ask but that's what the guys told me where I bought my car.

Hey mate,

I live in qld and had a HZ kingswood wagon which someone stole the compliance plates off. All I did is go to the wreckers, got a set of plates off them, went to the police station with an old rego paper to prove that it was registered and had all the old numbers etc etc. They then gave me a slip of paper saying I had changed compliance plates on the car, and the car wasn't stolen, rebirthed etc. Then went down to the transport department, showed them the slip of paper, they put a copy on file, noted down the new compliance numbers and all was good again. No problems selling it after that either because transport department had all the changes on record.