Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member And First Car :)

Featured Replies

Howdy,

 

I'm new to this forum and My brother just gave me his Corolla for free because he got another car.

I was told its 1981 Rolla but I'm no expert so a proper I.D would be great.

 

I still have to clean it up alot though.

 

I wanna do something cool with it but I don't know much about these cars so I don't have any ideas at all.

 

Here are some pics:

 

rolla1be9.jpg

rolla2yx2.jpg

rolla3me2.jpg

rolla4uq6.jpg

rolla5gh3.jpg

rolla6zm3.jpg

  • Replies 33
  • Views 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thatd be a ke55 being a 1981 wouldnt it? I'm no expert...

build date will be on one of the plates in the engine bay, as will the model number mate, have a look and then you will know for sure :dance:

looks like a nice car :dance:

are you licensed yet?

 

cheers, andrew

  • Author
thatd be a ke55 being a 1981 wouldnt it? I'm no expert...

build date will be on one of the plates in the engine bay, as will the model number mate, have a look and then you will know for sure :dance:

looks like a nice car :dance:

are you licensed yet?

 

cheers, andrew

 

 

Ok cool, I'll have a look tomorrow when the sun is out.

 

Nahh, I don't have my license yet.. but it shouldn't be long before I can go for my license.

  • Author

Ok, I grabbed a torch and had a look, it says its a KE-55.

Yep, thats a KE55e (e for sedan) the Square headlights meaning it could be an 80 or 81 model (even tho you've already said 81 :dance: )

 

I have all you need to know on these models buried in my head.

 

Just shoot me questions if you need anything answered or parts.

good first car to have!~

it looks pretty good. i think a paint job should be in order!

mine i reckon was worse and it was an 80.

good find and have fun!

  • Author
Yep, thats a KE55e (e for sedan) the Square headlights meaning it could be an 80 or 81 model (even tho you've already said 81 :dance: )

 

I have all you need to know on these models buried in my head.

 

Just shoot me questions if you need anything answered or parts.

 

Cheers mate :dance:

What type of wheels can I put on it, like any bigger ones?

 

 

 

 

good first car to have!~

it looks pretty good. i think a paint job should be in order!

mine i reckon was worse and it was an 80.

good find and have fun!

 

Yeah a paint job would be good, I dunno what colour though.

Cheers.

ke30 ...

lOl, your Misled!! :dance:

 

Cheers mate :dance:

What type of wheels can I put on it, like any bigger ones?

Its up to personal choice. What look are you wanting to go for??

 

And have you thought of a name??

  • Author
Its up to personal choice. What look are you wanting to go for??

 

And have you thought of a name??

 

Well, I don't wanna have one of those really low Rollas, I want it to have big but legal wheels on it.

 

And I haven't thought of a name yet :dance:

 

 

 

Took it for a dive today, I need to adjust the brakes a bit.... it's really soft for a bit then they kick in.

The tires are quite bald, very slippery on the grass.

Basically you want anything with a 114.3 stud pattern.

 

Now you have a choice of rims from the mid 70's to mid 80's from any Toyota. There are also Mazda, Nissan and Mitsubishi rims that have the same stud pattern. There are also rims like Hotwires, Jellybeans or cheap ones like Delta's. There are dozens of different types of rims but I just can't think of any off the top of my head. I should check my rim pile, I have a fair bunch of rims, but its cold and dark out. Maybe later.

  • Author
Basically you want anything with a 114.3 stud pattern.

 

Now you have a choice of rims from the mid 70's to mid 80's from any Toyota. There are also Mazda, Nissan and Mitsubishi rims that have the same stud pattern. There are also rims like Hotwires, Jellybeans or cheap ones like Delta's. There are dozens of different types of rims but I just can't think of any off the top of my head. I should check my rim pile, I have a fair bunch of rims, but its cold and dark out. Maybe later.

 

 

How much are Deltas?

And by any Toyota do you mean ANY Toyota from those years?

Pretty much. Like there are the XX rims as well as the sprinter rims. etc.

 

Okay, these are one type of Delta's. This is how I got them with my car, with center caps...

post-1158-1218447390_thumb.jpg

Without caps...

post-1158-1218447359_thumb.jpg

Another cheap rim. Pretty common. I have red walls on the tires now.

post-1158-1218446927_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1218448157_thumb.jpg

I got a set of these recently on a spare sedan. They are also Delta's. There is a car across the road with another type of Delta's. Its on a FWD Laser that has been sitting there for ages. Could see if they would wanna split or they just might wanna get rid of the car.

post-1158-1218446779_thumb.jpg

These are apparently from a R31 Skyline?? They are on one of my wagons but will be going onto one of my hardtops.

post-1158-1218447687_thumb.jpg

Jellybeans...

post-1158-1218448008_thumb.jpg

 

I have some XX rims but need to take some pics.

  • Author

I like the Jellybeans and the ones you have with the redwalls.

oh how i want me some jellybeans! althou i recon ur current rims jon would look sweet on my ride!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.