Hey Guys A Few Questions On My 4afe Motor...

MR AE92

Ok guys heres the situation i have 4AFE motor in my Corolla and stock power is soo boring i need to do something about it. Now, i don't want to go through the headaches of doing an engine conversion as the car is my daily and i would like to stick with the 16V. So with extractors, exhaust and CAI will i achieve much? And are there any other mods out there that will help increase power? I know it sounds like I'm trying to beat a dead horse with a stick lol but there has to be some way to get good power out of these granny spec 16V motors!! Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Dave.

Members dont see this ad
Ok guys heres the situation i have 4AFE motor in my Corolla and stock power is soo boring i need to do something about it. Now, i don't want to go through the headaches of doing an engine conversion as the car is my daily and i would like to stick with the 16V. So with extractors, exhaust and CAI will i achieve much? And are there any other mods out there that will help increase power? I know it sounds like I'm trying to beat a dead horse with a stick lol but there has to be some way to get good power out of these granny spec 16V motors!! Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Dave.

With out changing internals you wont get any good power, exhaust and intake will not make much difference, if you want gains you'll really need to get in there and change bits

poggy is right because you have the earlier 4afe which is unfortunetly a poor base for modifications unlike the later model.

A basic exhuast upgrade shoudl help but that aside your only decent power up option is nitrous or forced induction I would think

Cheers!

Dave.

I was once told if you fit a bigport 4age head and turbo it it will work on the 4afe. I was told the head swap will drop the compression, as well as going to a higher hp design than the fe head design which is aimed at economy. Add manifold, turbo, intercooler, all the needed accessories, and you're away. 4agte on a budget. Or so Ive heard. Never tried this myself but its worth googling to see who's done it.

well I can tell you right now the compression will drop, I don't know the exact figures from the earlier model head but the later head has 34cc of chamber volume vs 39 or so from a 4age. The thing that would bother me is that I don't think the pistons would handle more than 8psi or so, something that I believe the stock compression would be able to give. Even though the G head has a wider valve angle theres a good chance that it would still be a non interference engine because the 4afe pistons have a decent indent for valves.