Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

5k & 3k Rocker Cover, & Gearbox Question

Featured Replies

Hi all,

 

I currently have a 3K in my KE10, but have a 5K on the way. Can I use the 3K rocker cover on the 5K?? I want to do this because the 3K rocker cover has the old Toyota symbol on it, where as the 5K is blank.

 

Cheers,

Ken

 

Edit: Also, the 5K is coming with a 3Spd Auto from a Ke50-70 (not entirely sure what model), will I have to modify the tunnel??

Edited by Dunadan

the 5K is coming with a 3Spd Auto from a Ke50-70 (not entirely sure what model), will I have to modify the tunnel??

 

That will be a trimatic, and yes something will need to be changed, ie mounts etc

The trimatic fitted into my ke25 without any tunnel bashing, or mods.

 

The gearbox it replaced was a toyoglide.

 

The shifters have the same throw on them, so the original shifter was used. (cannot select first)

 

The tailshaft did not fit, different length, spline, and uni joint size.

 

The gearbox crossmember is in the correct spot, but needs to be about 20mm lower for the trimatic.

 

Cheers~matt

  • Author

Thanks guys.

 

Sounds promising, I'm sure all the mounts will need to be modded, but if I can use the original Toyoglide shifter & surround I'll be happy!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.