Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Knockabout Ke70

Featured Replies

I picked this up from wagga wagga last night, bought for $405 with a bit of rego left on it.

 

The trip home was something else, the owners assured me that they had put fuel in it for me that morning, it was so low it didnt even make it fully into the nearest servo's driveway before coughing and spluttering (all of 1km) and stalling out completely at the pump.

 

After we filled up we hooned the 130km home up the highway.

 

Will eventually be gutted for drive line as I needed a good 4k for me ke30.

 

Currently, it has been modified by a weight reducing breakthrough called RUST, all the wheelarches and half the sill is moulded out of bog, as is the gutters of the roof and a heap of the A and C pillars.

 

I am using it as a daily until it is out of reg, I will be chucking on some widened stockies and a decent stereo that will shake half the neighborhood. I am sick of my newer rolla getting beaten up in works carpark from shopping trolleys.

 

Enjoy people.

post-5829-1223113862_thumb.jpg

post-5829-1223113897_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Widened stockies on, just gotta get a decent cd player in :)

 

Havent got it fully sideways yet, tried pretty hard the other day on the way home from work.

post-5829-1223351502_thumb.jpg

post-5829-1223351564_thumb.jpg

Ahh, here the beast is :) Looks like a great daily, especially for that price. How much wider are the stockies on it? 6"? Good luck on getting it sideways lol! Might have to wait until it rains next :) Where abouts in did you find it for sale, if you don't mind me asking. Just a little curious as I don't think I've really seen any advertised/ on the side of the road at all.

  • Author

Ebay, was out in cooringal? area. not sure of the width of the widened rims, handling is heaps better though, running firestone tyres.

 

Just checked the forecast, no rain for the next week :)

Ebay, was out in cooringal? area. not sure of the width of the widened rims, handling is heaps better though, running firestone tyres.

 

Just checked the forecast, no rain for the next week :)

 

 

Ahh yeah, Kooringal. I haven't been searching ebay at all, so I didn't see it. Normally just try and keep my eye out on the main roads when I go to and from work. Now all you gotta do is introduce the springs to the grinder and lower it a little. :) I'm sure there'll be rain soon, oneday, someday...maybe.

  • Author

Back will be lowered easily by the weight of the stereo that will be going in from my old suzuki, Big clarion amp and 2x earthquake subs in a nicr carpeted box, panasonic motorised mp3 headunit up front.

 

When it runs out of rego, all running gear will be put in my ke30.

  • Author

I added some HP this morning.

 

NOS stickers +25hp each.

 

Only put 2 on as it would be too fully sick with 3

post-5829-1223779015_thumb.jpg

I added some HP this morning.

 

NOS stickers +25hp each.

 

Only put 2 on as it would be too fully sick with 3

 

it would be to many horsey's for the old 70 as well!

WOAH. steady there. 3 stickers? thats 75 hp :P might kill yourself

  • Author

I might have to go through the "performance" box again later, maybe some autometer or greddy to bring some more to the show.

 

We did get it sideways yesterday, thanks to the council way overwatering their gardens on a roundabout up town.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Been thinking and drinking (this seems to happen a lot) I either want another one or keep this baby.

 

They are too fun to drive.

 

Soooooo much rust in this one though, only panels that are good are bolt on ones.

Your are right, these cars are so fun to drive!! and youre one looks preety tough with the wide wheels too. Shame about the rust though. I would definitley look for another one when the time comes up that isn't too bad. At least youre getting enjoyment out of this one anyway.

  • Author

I found the death knell for this car while washing it on sunday, the whole passenger side chassis rail is rotten with rust, holes the size of golf balls in it.

 

No wonder she creaks and groans around corners.

 

Going to keep anything good off it, and find another one to do up, I wil take any good panels and keep them in dry storage.

 

Meanwhile I will take the engine from it and bump up my ke30 thread in two weeks when she is out of reg!

  • Author

Here it is parked next to one of my colleagues ke55, She has owned it for 25 years and only even had the engine freshened up and a new clutch at the same time.

post-5829-1225446096_thumb.jpg

  • Author

And it all begins again with a fresh body, I am about to go pick up a new ke70 with much less rust. Only downsides to it are.

 

1. its auto (easily fixed)

2. the 4k has a big end knock. (may just use the whole driveline from the white car.

3. slanty front. (will use the front off my white car)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.