Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Head Gasket For 3k...

Featured Replies

I have recently rebored my 3K block 60 thou over.

My question is do i have to run an oversized head gasket or standard, if so who would make them?

 

Cheers

I have recently rebored my 3K block 60 thou over.

My question is do i have to run an oversized head gasket or standard, if so who would make them?

 

Cheers

 

I'm going to use the same on my 3k big port head , i don't think it will matter but you will have to get a bigger manifold gasket ps ur car look phat

I'm not really sure, the easiest way to find out is to sit the old head gasket on the block after you've bored the block out. Or even ask the one that did the work.

If you need an over-sized gasket you should be able to get one ordered through a auto shop, like Autobarn.

I'm going to use the same on my 3k big port head , i don't think it will matter but you will have to get a bigger manifold gasket ps ur car look phat

 

Whats this got to do with Harun's question?

  • Author
I'm not really sure, the easiest way to find out is to sit the old head gasket on the block after you've bored the block out. Or even ask the one that did the work.

If you need an over-sized gasket you should be able to get one ordered through a auto shop, like Autobarn.

 

 

I don't have the old head gasket as i threw it away.

I tried to order an over sized gasket from Bursons and was told that none of there suppliers had any.

Have you ran toyota to find out if you can get a genuine oversize gasket?

I was pleasantly suprised recently to find that a genuine 5k HG was only $40!!! :P

 

Worth also mentioning that I'm running a 5k bottom end, 3kbp head, and a 5k head gasket! The bigger gasket still seals fine on the head, so maybe you could just use a 4k HG if the bore size is closer than a 3k! :(

Edited by Taz_Rx

  • Author
Have you ran toyota to find out if you can get a genuine oversize gasket?

I was pleasantly suprised recently to find that a genuine 5k HG was only $40!!! :P

 

Worth also mentioning that I'm running a 5k bottom end, 3kbp head, and a 5k head gasket! The bigger gasket still seals fine on the head, so maybe you could just use a 4k HG if the bore size is closer than a 3k! :(

 

 

Cheers Taz..

Now I have one question for you.

Can I use Permaseal MG3243 (7K Manifold Gasket) on a 3Kbp head?

 

Edit: Different Shaped inlet for a 7k Head, so i can't.

Edited by harun

Yes you could theoretical use the 7KE manifold gasket, but I wouldn't because:

 

1, Exhaust ports are MUCH bigger and would need a bullshit amount of porting

2, Bolts are 12mm, not 10mm

 

as for the oval shaped inlet ports, if you round them out they will become the size of a 3kbp! So this isn't too much of an issue.

Below is a pic of my matched ported 7ke manifold, with a Permaseal EM30 (big port sized inlets) manifold gasket over it.

The left hand side has been matched, but you can still see the oval runners on the right.....

1118071244-00.jpg

 

The top and bottom of the ports lined up near perfect, it was only the sides that needed taking out. :P

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.