Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Accelerator Pedal

Featured Replies

Hey guys.

 

I drove Chrisandliz' KE70 and the accelerator would push down realllllllly easily and I found I enjoyed that more than a pedal that is harder to depress. I tried playing around with the two bolts that hold the cable to the cable mount but that just made it accelerate as soon as I touched the pedal (pretty much)... which is not what I want...

 

If anyone can provide some info on this I'd be really grateful. :)

 

Thanks.

Tried removing or replacing the springs that hold tension on the cable?

 

I experimented with different springs on my twin setup to get the right feel. Ended up with an off the shelf 'Redline' branded spring from hardimans that I purchased with my linkages.

  • Author
Tried removing or replacing the springs that hold tension on the cable?

 

I experimented with different springs on my twin setup to get the right feel. Ended up with an off the shelf 'Redline' branded spring from hardimans that I purchased with my linkages.

Nope can't say I have. I'm unsure of what/where those springs are. Do you have any pictures by any chance? :)

 

Oh wait... do you mean like a return spring like on a weber? I remember having to put on a return spring when I trial-fitted a weber but I don't remember ever playing around with the Aisin one.

Edited by Mybowlcut

yeah i think thats what hes talking about. the spring on the throttle.... maybe

 

*goes out to play with carbys in shed*

 

edit..

 

the spring on the throttle shaft, maybe if you modifed that, cut it down abit it would have less tension therefore easier to press the throttle with the pedal

Edited by Shizotimang

  • Author
yeah i think thats what hes talking about. the spring on the throttle.... maybe

 

*goes out to play with carbys in shed*

 

edit..

 

the spring on the throttle shaft, maybe if you modifed that, cut it down abit it would have less tension therefore easier to press the throttle with the pedal

:)

 

If it is what he's talking about then I'm curious what properties I'll be looking for in the spring to allow what I'm asking for...

  • Author
yeah i think thats what hes talking about. the spring on the throttle.... maybe

 

*goes out to play with carbys in shed*

 

edit..

 

the spring on the throttle shaft, maybe if you modifed that, cut it down abit it would have less tension therefore easier to press the throttle with the pedal

Yeah for some reason I was thinking cut it as well.. but will wait and see what everyone else thinks.

well the spring sort of pulls around the throttle and then when you let go it pushes back, so perhaps a bigger spring will help, same diameter but bigger in length?

Yes that is what he was talking about :)

 

I never modded my aisan carb so a pic of my twins wont be of much use.

 

Just find the return spring and remove it if you can. Then replace it with something that will offer less resistance, whilst still keeping the butterflies closed.

You may have to make some braket or the likes, to attach the spring to.

 

Alternatively, take the cable off and hang it up. Spray some wd40 down inside the casing. Maybe its just a case of too much friction within the cables casing.

 

I can't remember whether corollas have another return spring on the pedal itself. I don't think they do.

 

You may find that replacing the rotary style wrap around spring that will be on the shaft, with a standard coil spring with hooks on each end will be all you need.

Edited by kangaroosa

  • Author
Yes that is what he was talking about :)

 

I never modded my aisan carb so a pic of my twins wont be of much use.

 

Just find the return spring and remove it if you can. Then replace it with something that will offer less resistance, whilst still keeping the butterflies closed.

You may have to make some braket or the likes, to attach the spring to.

 

Alternatively, take the cable off and hang it up. Spray some wd40 down inside the casing. Maybe its just a case of too much friction within the cables casing.

 

I can't remember whether corollas have another return spring on the pedal itself. I don't think they do.

 

You may find that replacing the rotary style wrap around spring that will be on the shaft, with a standard coil spring with hooks on each end will be all you need.

Would I need to make up brackets if I'm only changing the spring?
  • Author

Haha so that's how you did it Chris?

 

Will test now. :)

  • Author

Worked great. Thanks! :bash:

 

Just need the cam now and it'll be Chris spec. :)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.