November 6, 200817 yr comment_287853 Hey. Just curious as to why my charge light might be coming on for a second when I turn. It doesn't happen very often... Could it be something to do with fuses or...? Cheers. Report
November 6, 200817 yr comment_287920 Is it deffinately the charge light not the oil light? Low oil level could cause this. If it is the charge light, check the amount of acid in your battery. It could be so low that ever time you pull a poofteenth of a G the battery electrodes are out of the acid! Report
November 7, 200817 yr comment_287955 Is it deffinately the charge light not the oil light? Low oil level could cause this. If it is the charge light, check the amount of acid in your battery. It could be so low that ever time you pull a poofteenth of a G the battery electrodes are out of the acid! Charge light is run off the output of the alternator though right, not the battery? So if the alternator is healthy, and the battery sick/low, it should still be fine as the alternator is providing the juice for the electrical systems, not the battery (car battery is only designed for use in starting the engine, it spends the rest of it's time being charged by the alternator) Report
November 7, 200817 yr Author comment_287959 Hm... perhaps I should take it to an auto electrician? Report
November 7, 200817 yr comment_287963 Charge light is run off the output of the alternator though right, not the battery? So if the alternator is healthy, and the battery sick/low, it should still be fine as the alternator is providing the juice for the electrical systems, not the battery (car battery is only designed for use in starting the engine, it spends the rest of it's time being charged by the alternator) Good point. The problem I described could maybe still be the problem if the alternator still doesn't have a "full circuit" TO CHARGE! :) Thats just the only way I could think of that cornering (or G forces) could effect the electrical system. Is the battery clear enough on the sides to see the acid level? Report
November 7, 200817 yr Author comment_287989 Good point. The problem I described could maybe still be the problem if the alternator still doesn't have a "full circuit" TO CHARGE! :) Thats just the only way I could think of that cornering (or G forces) could effect the electrical system. Is the battery clear enough on the sides to see the acid level? It's a bosch battery so it's got that little indicator and it's showing up green which apparently means it's ok. But I can't see the acid level I don't think.. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now