Suspension

TheGhost

Members dont see this ad
gday all....

i have found some cheap coilovers but they are off a AE92 rolla....

do the ae92 and the ae112r have the same suspension setup up or are they completely different?

cheers guys....

rhys

Do you really want coilovers? Unless you're seeing the track on a very regular basis, a good matched set of shocks and springs would suit just fine. And cheap coilovers usually means that they're not that good (compared to expensive coilovers), adjustablility is over-rated if you don't actually need it.

Even so, I can't remember if they are _identical_ but they are similar. AE92, AE101/102 and AE111/112 non-superstrut share very similar suspension/brake packages, so I wouldn't be surprised if 92 coilovers fit into a 112.

• 2 weeks later...
front coils/springs are the same but rears coils/spring are different....

ae82 through to ae111 all have the same suspension (except superstrut?) few good packages around, like a guy (can't remember his name) on toymods sells blue ones that are identical to the tien version only way cheaper

With suspension, you get what you pay for. Be a tight arse and be fully prepared for massive compromises. There is no such thing as a cheap, good quality damper.

Mechanically yes I agree, but when you strip down two sets of equipment to find that they are the same only one has a giant price tag, then no I don't.

In saying that though, its like pirating, if you do it enough the people creating the original will go broke because they can't cover costs. ie trust/greddy

ae82 through to ae111 all have the same suspension (except superstrut?) few good packages around, like a guy (can't remember his name) on toymods sells blue ones that are identical to the tien version only way cheaper

its not the same mate..ae92 rear struts are different to ae82 where they bolt up to the knuckle..the spacing between the bolt holes are more apart on ae92.. there is a few other minor differences but most of it if not all interchanges. except for superstrut unless you have the complete front subframe and suspension for ae101.

http://www.twincam.info/index.php?showtopic=34780

bazda gets them made up from the same factory as ISC and runs them in his ae92 levin which recently won in New Zealand. I'm looking to get some at the start of next year hopefully.

• 2 months later...