Broken Flywheel Bolt

sirsprinter

A combination of an uncalibrated tension wrench and/or, weak bolts and carelessness, has left me with a broken flywheel bolt for my smallport. We have managed to remove the broken bolt.

Now what can i do? does anyone have any laying around? Particularly Adelaide? ASAP>?

Should i ask for genuine toyota, or can i match the bolts at a motor traders. etc provioded they are high tensile steel and exact dimensions? Wreckers even?

furthermore, should i replace just the one, or a whole set of 8, seeing as one broke, i don't want to take a risk with any others...if so, will a wrecker be fine or should i try source brand new?

thanks guys

Members dont see this ad
Similar discussion was had by a few of us a couple of weeks back when I posted pics of stretched bolts off my 3k.

In the end, I just went to Cornes Toyota on Belair road and bought 6x 4AG bolts for ~25 bucks. Replace the whole set.

I don't think they were even proper flywheel bolts :)

ARP use to make flywheel bolts for 4AGE and i saw some on ebay the other day, they may still make them.

or you could use 7k flywheel bolts if it's for a K engine, better bolt, has a built-in flange and i would imagine they'd be stronger coming from a commercial engine.

genuine make them.

5 bucks a bolt or something stupid usually.

but its not much in the cost of a build so i did mine on the 1g.

u can go to a bolt shop and try get a exact match, in an 8.8 grade or higher, but often they don't have exactly what you want, and id just go the genuine route.