Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wa Off Topic

Featured Replies

  • Author
hey Garnett we should try to get a kp60 starlet, they are cheap and plentiful in NZ

 

i send off a request for a freight quote, i'll post up the cost

 

oooohhh i want one!!!

 

there so cooooool

 

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-197147918.htm

 

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-196368783.htm

  • Replies 328
  • Views 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone used Gabriel shocks? Are they any good? I've got a $50 super cheap voucher and I'm planning to do my shocks the same time I do my springs... From the website, Gabriel seems to be the only brand super cheap stock.

 

Edit: Oh they can get in Monroe... for front and rear Monroe shocks for a kesev it's $391 (including $8.95 freight charge). That's pretty expensive, eh?

Edited by Mybowlcut

Anyone used Gabriel shocks? Are they any good? I've got a $50 super cheap voucher and I'm planning to do my shocks the same time I do my springs... From the website, Gabriel seems to be the only brand super cheap stock.

 

Edit: Oh they can get in Monroe... for front and rear Monroe shocks for a kesev it's $391 (including $8.95 freight charge). That's pretty expensive, eh?

 

 

I paid $275 for my KYB twin core gas.

koni or tokiko.

:y:

don't buy supercheap

go ae86 coilovers, do it once do it right ;p

  • Author

hey coz i love you all and you all love me...

 

when i get back to perth i want to get my suspension sorted.

i need to know what i need. dan gave me a rough list before but id like everyones opinion.

 

i want low, camber, stiff, bareable on the street but still good for track use.

and i want to dorifto, don't care to much for grip.

thank yooooou

I paid $275 for my KYB twin core gas.
For front and rear? Where was that from? What car did you put them in? Are they still going well?

 

koni or tokiko.

:y:

don't buy supercheap

go ae86 coilovers, do it once do it right ;p

How expensive are those two brands? Haha.. I have a feeling they'll be heaps expensive? AE86 coilovers won't fit on KE70 struts though right? Also, how much are they?
They are on my t18 and I fitted them. Even with my off road driving the shocks are going good.

 

I got them from WA Suspensions

Cheers Chris!
get the springs and shock at the same time and I'll help you install them.

 

oh oh and get a front and rear swap bar too

That'd be awesome if you could help me install them! Well I was planning on getting the Lovells from eBay like we talked about before, but I messaged them then and they said they only have front Lovells springs for the KE70, so I guess I will be getting springs from the place that I get the shocks (dunno what springs yet).

 

Edit: Sort of related question... when you get a wheel alignment, they (mainly?) check your castor, camber and toe in/out... but on a stock car like a corolla, how would they "align"/adjust these?

 

Also, Chris are you sure those shocks would fit on my struts? I was asking a few questions about springs and shocks and ke70dave mentioned the KE70 struts are 49mm in diameter. Could T18 struts be bigger?

Edited by Mybowlcut

wheel allignments are quite a grey area,

 

most places will normally just adjust the toe, which will be to twist the tie rod in and out to lign up the lazers to 0 or to a setting of which you have asked, this should normally be around the $45 mark, this stops your tyres from wearing due to incorrect allignment

 

most place will check camber/caster and if its out will adjust it to back to the normal(if adjustable)

 

from my understanding, the faithful old ke is unadjustable from camber/caster in stock form, camber tops/NRCA(negative roll centre adjusters)/LCA(lower control arms) and you can start fiddling around with some finally adjustments to set up to your driving style.

 

 

but in short,

wheel aligners will normally just adjust the toe.

wheel allignments are quite a grey area,

 

most places will normally just adjust the toe, which will be to twist the tie rod in and out to lign up the lazers to 0 or to a setting of which you have asked, this should normally be around the $45 mark, this stops your tyres from wearing due to incorrect allignment

 

most place will check camber/caster and if its out will adjust it to back to the normal(if adjustable)

 

from my understanding, the faithful old ke is unadjustable from camber/caster in stock form, camber tops/NRCA(negative roll centre adjusters)/LCA(lower control arms) and you can start fiddling around with some finally adjustments to set up to your driving style.

 

 

but in short,

wheel aligners will normally just adjust the toe.

Nice answer thanks Dan!

recomend bob jane or a suspension place which gives out a print out of your exact measurements on all 4 wheels

From WA Suspensions:

 

$155 a pair low lovells front and rear for KE70

 

$120 a pair rear kyb shocks (part no: 343036)

$216 a pair front AE86 kyb shocks (part no: 365015 - apparently comes as a whole strut??)

 

For KE70 monroe shocks (he said he was looking after me on the price for these):

front $254 pair

rear $159 pair

 

$608 (what they'd sell for at retail) for front and rear (fronts = $389 rear = $214)

 

Not cheap! I am set on the Lovells though... I've heard they are good. Those shocks aren't short stroke as well. The guy said it shouldn't matter if they're not short stroke with low lovells (in comparison to super low or whatever), so did Chris.

 

So, if I got the rear kyb shocks, the front monroe shocks and low Lovells all round, it would be... $684 all up.

 

I was talking to Chris about it and maybe I should just get the Lovells (edit: and a sway bar :yak:) and not worry about upgrading shocks? Especially if it's going to be that expensive... but if I don't upgrade my shocks with the springs, will one or the other (shocks/springs) suffer for it?

Edited by Mybowlcut

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.