Correct Thermostat Operating Temperature

Mybowlcut

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Er... yeah. So the Trisco one didn't work and all the others except this Calibre one have senders that are too long. Even the Calibre sender with the adaptor fitting on it doesn't want to go in... it's very tight. I'm wondering if I should just put the old sender back on and not worry about it. The Calibre is electric instead of mechanical and I have no idea how to wire it so that will need an electrician.

Very interested as to what everyone else did.

did you even read the instructions that came with it?

get a multimeter and a soldering iron handy

its 4 wires man, not rocket science. admitedly it will be a challenge if you are not electircally minded, but you have to start somewhere and a keyboard and mouse isnt going to help you in this case.

you got

a ) +12v with ignition on, take it straight off your key barell where it sais "IGN"

b ) ground, put a ring on it and bolt it to a ground bolt somewhere

c ) sender wire, this goes straight on the end of your sender, should be a push on spade connector

d ) illumination, find a bulb on the back of your dash that lights up when you put your lights on (cigarette lighter is what i used) and put the wire onto somewhere that gets +12V

if its tight to go in its prolly the wrong thread, take it down to repco and get an adaptor that fits your thread. ps caliber guages suck. you shoulda got a VDO one so you can get the proper fittings straight out of the catalogue behind the desk at repco. but even though caliber sucks they should be easy enough to fit.

ps. what the hell is trisco? don't they make christmas hampers?

did you even read the instructions that came with it?
You're kidding, right?

get a multimeter and a soldering iron handy

its 4 wires man, not rocket science. admitedly it will be a challenge if you are not electircally minded, but you have to start somewhere and a keyboard and mouse isnt going to help you in this case.

you got

a ) +12v with ignition on, take it straight off your key barell where it sais "IGN"

b ) ground, put a ring on it and bolt it to a ground bolt somewhere

c ) sender wire, this goes straight on the end of your sender, should be a push on spade connector

d ) illumination, find a bulb on the back of your dash that lights up when you put your lights on (cigarette lighter is what i used) and put the wire onto somewhere that gets +12V

if its tight to go in its prolly the wrong thread, take it down to repco and get an adaptor that fits your thread. ps caliber guages suck. you shoulda got a VDO one so you can get the proper fittings straight out of the catalogue behind the desk at repco. but even though caliber sucks they should be easy enough to fit.

ps. what the hell is trisco? don't they make christmas hampers?

I have neither a multimeter or a soldering iron and wasn't planning on buying one just to fit a temp gauge. It was originally going to be mechanical... and I can't justify spending $70 on the gauge and however much else on the soldering iron/multimeter. I'm not very interested in electrical stuff. The whole day was a disaster.. couldn't find the right brass fittings anywhere and I got to the point where I just put it back to its original state and left it. :y: