Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke20 Adjustable Front Strut

Featured Replies

hi, am just wondering is it possible to buy a adjustable front strut assembly off the shelf for a ke20. i saw on an internet site adjustable strut hats for ke20 to adjust camber, they also had the adjustable spring, which u can just screw up or down to give it more tension. thus altering the ride hide upto 2.5inch.

 

Are these sold in australia as i have not seen any around my area in melb.

where have you seen them, is it an ozy website and how much.

  • Author

was on a american website for the sr5 model they call it . werent cheap round 700 aus

Well if KE20/30/5X strut inserts fit into KE10 struts I suppose you could get some KE5X strut inserts to fit in you KE20 struts.

 

I would like to find some adjustables for my KE10 struts if I can.

 

I found some struts inserts on the Koni web site that are for 1975-79 Corollas (KE5X in Aus). Part No: 86-1991 Sport.

 

Koni Suspension

 

In the “Toyota Australia” section further down the list, the earliest Corolla is 1981-85 (KE70). The part number is the same: 86-1991 Sport.

 

KE70 won’t fit coz they’re a bit bigger.

 

I’m wandering if KE5X’s is other countries use different inserts to the ones in Aus.

 

Anyone know?

 

I might ring up a Koni supplier and ask for the shock piston diameter and strut tube OD for that part number.

  • Author

hey I'm not a mushroom farmer. all that for what. I'm after the adjustable spring with the square thread, and the camber tops. Nothing about inserts. you can get them anywhere and no u can't cross change ke55 with ke10

Get the parts. Pay someone to make them.

 

Mine were made by Pedders.

 

I may know someone who MIGHT be able to run up a set for you in Melbourne.

 

I'll try and get back to you in a day or two.....

  • Author

ok thanks. the site i saw them on is Ground control suspension systems . Can u tell me if i can get the ones they have in melb anywhere

Given that you were looking at SR5 ones in the States, (I'm a bit rusty here) I believe it should be for a TE Corolla, which to my understanding has different struts to our Au ones. I can also tell you that in 20 odd years I've never seen off the shelf ones for a 2x series in Australia.

  • Author

this is what I'm chasing

they even have adjustable top hats which look exactly like ones guys on this site have made. They even look the same as the aus ones. I have been to europe and checked out rollas there . They run the same struts as we do. And seeing the sr5 is the same shape i presumed they would be the same as the body shape is the same. and the strut tops look very similar

post-5997-1231410905.jpg

Edited by Ke20nut

  • Author

ok so then they will do all the legal welding and stuff like that

They MAY make them up for you, or you may have to get it done elsewhere. But they certainally should be able to supply the parts to do it. The thing that they will probably ask you for is the O/D of the strut tube to get the right I/D of the threaded section.

  • Author

ok cool , i went to check the site where i found the strut tops to suit 71 to 74 corolla . they have removed them . obviously no longer available or i can't find them again

Ooops I thought you where asking about adjustable shocks (dampers). Don’t ask me why.

what you want is adjustable camber tops for the e2# series... right?

 

All Japanese Panels & Spares down here in Adelaide can get cusco camber tops for 71 - 74 corollas... They are around 200 - 300...

 

You can also get cusco strut braces for E2# series...

 

With regards to coilovers, AE86 struts can be modded to fit E2#, there is a thread on toyota3tc.com on how to do it... big job

 

There are a few other options that I have come across but can't remmeber at the moment...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.