Budget Ke70 Drifter, (really Budget Lol)

FORZA

Hey guys

I'm new to the forum n was just lookin for some info on doin a realllllyyy budget ke70 drifter

ive searched a bit but couldnt really find what i was looking for

i can pick a manual one up real cheap with a good handrake and my plan is to just weld the diff, chop the springs n drop the exhaust after the cat somewhere

now my question is what can be done to get a bit more power on a really tight budget, i.e. cheap engine conversion, minor mods to the standard engine etc,

ive seen a lot of info on 4age conversion but not much on how much it costs,

reliability means nothing as I'm gonna run it into the ground anyway

any info is much appreciated

cheers mark

Edited by FORZA

Members dont see this ad

Start by reading the FAQ. That will give you some more specific ideas perhaps.

Bigger K motors like a 5k will swap in pretty easy. Its pretty hard to drift properly with the mighty 28rwkw 4k engine. A 5k is a bit better, but not much chop either, a 4a can get the job done, just.

Make sure you add the biggest swaybars you can find. Toyota Tercel rear swaybars fit in a ke70 and they are 17mm thick.

:y:

yeah i had a quick browse of the faq but its not really what I'm lookin for, only relevant info i could find in there was how to install a nikki carby

i found how much a 4age conversion will be and its way out of the budget

I'm just after really cheap power, is it possible to bolt on a tiny turbo or will the lil engine go pop

Start here: http://www.rollaclub.com/board/?showtopic=2341

And, as previously stated, search.

Save some money. If you don't have money for a decent motor, how are you going to afford drifting?

i can pick a manual one up real cheap with a good handrake and my plan is to just weld the diff, chop the springs n drop the exhaust after the cat somewhere

The axles will snap, as they're too light. Chopped springs are dangerous and illegal, and you're going to spend a long time trying to find a cat on a 70, unless its the furry feline variety.

Edited by Redwarf

The axles will snap, as they're too light. Chopped springs are dangerous and illegal, and you're going to spend a long time trying to find a cat on a 70, unless its the furry feline variety.

the axles may snap after lots of thrashing but saying they "will" snap is going abit overboard,

ive done thousands of k's over 2 ke70's with locked diffs and never once snapped an axle,(i did break a diff centre but that was shittily welde din the first place.

chopped springs are dangerous and illegal yes, they can be made to be less dangerous by useing shorter stroke shocks(ra60 rear shocks work a treat)

you can use EA-EF, falcon rear springs and cut them down to about 220-250mm free height if you want a stiff rear end.

you can read up on front suspension in other threads on this site but the most commonly done dodgey mod for the rear of a ke70 is falcon springs.

some people even run them in the front but i have never done this so i wouldn't know what its like, apparently the spring does not seat properly so prob not a good idea.

for abit of front negative camber get yourself some xt130 or ra40 lower control arms and put them in, make sure you wheel align immediatly after.