Uh Oh

CUCUY

Members dont see this ad
or should you get a series 4/5 efi 13b turbo and use that, because it will make lots of power, and be more reliable than a bridge, and use about a third of the fuel - yes

only problem it would probably be slower because of the wheel spin :D

Edited by Jason

if you want to go totally nuts on a 3t-c you can get decent power out of them

dudes in puerto rico are running 7 second quarters on 3t-c with turbo and nos. christ, the thing still has pushrods!!!

yeah, the guys from paradise racing have all the parts i need. i'm just figuring out what to do. i don't want a daily driver that puts out stupid amounts of HP....:D

a rotary is effectively a four cycle two stroke :S

for every revolution of one rotor you have three combustion events. for each rev of a twin rotor it has 6 combustion events.

for a 4 cylinder 4 stroke engine, you have 2 combustion events each revolution. so you need two revolutions to have four combustion events.

so your 1300cc 13B rotary thinks it is a 2600cc engine as it fires twice as often as the equivalent swept volume 4 stroke engine.

felix is correct, when comparing them you can't just work on the static volume of the rotary. 600hp from a 2ltr 4 cyl is possible, cosworth were doing it in the 80s in the sierras..... amoungst others.

also rotors are not as reliable as pistons when tuned. in fact you don't even need to tune them to make then unreliable, fact is when compared to pistons rotorys lack well behind in reliability. then theres economy.....