When $$$$ Is No Problem

KE30Coupe

i think the current holder for the DB record in australia has only 4 15 inch subs....thats not really alot considering the person before him had i think....9 if i remember correctly.

so no....you don't have to cram as many speakers in to make good DB.

its all about the positioning and using the car as a speaker box basically.

and yes....even one good 15 inch sub will blow out a windscreen.....depends on what kind of bass you are using....

Edited by Xany

Members dont see this ad

When i said "Cram in as many subs as you can", well looking back that was a bit of exaggeration. I didn't mean it so literally. I simply meant, that a few 15" subs will make big Db and that you don't need a dozen or so speakers, as pictured to make good sound.

As we all know it comes down to the quality of the Sub and Amp. If you buy cheap shit, you can't expect much. But if you spend a $1000 per 15" fusion sub and another $1200 on an Amp to run it, well then you're going to get good Db's with quality sound.

I had 4x10" JL Audio WO-4's, and they sounded twice as good as a mates system that had 2x12" JL Audio Subs. They are both good quality subs - but it all came down the fact that i have a $700 Kicker Amp running mine and he had a $200 Audioline Amp running his.

I'm not trying to start an argument here - i'm just stating facts from my experiences and trying tell push the point that the car in question was obviously not built for Db's, but rather for Show.

post-9-1113554568.jpg

Edited by kangaroosa

no no.....no arugments please.

my experience with car audio is pretty good.....and over time i have learnt a fair bit about it.

with your friends setup and yours.....you can't really compare 4x10s to 2x12s. you see 4x10s are pushing alot more air than 2x12s....if you think about it the face area of 4x10 subs is much greater than 2x12s subs....

also....not taking into account diametre or face area of a circle.....(basically just to show you how much more area there is)

4x10s = 40 inches.

2x12s = 24 inches.

so basically you could beat anyone with 2x12s as long as the person with the 2x12s hasnt spent $2000 on his subs alone.

and as i said before.....its all to do with positioning as well.

yes....the car in question was built for show......the point i'm getting at is.....what the f@$k for?

to show ricer wannabes that you can put more fibreglass in a car than a boat?........riiighttt.

Edited by Xany

True - I can understand your opinion on all accounts. I undertand that its not eveyones cup of tea to see all that fibreglass work - but i guess that i was appreciating all the detail thats gone into the car.

The point i was making with my mates stereo was that his is actually louder (or more to the point you can hear him coming from a mile away), but the quality of sound is not that crash hot. However my stereo is punchy. I've had people that can't last 10secs of a bass test track.

So its not so much the loudness that i was referring too, but more the quality of the sound.

Sorry if i havent explained myself thoroughly in the past.

Edited by kangaroosa

hahaha.....thats alright mate.....i'm not here to argue....i'm here to put my point across.....thats all....

sound crispness is always a good thing....if you can turn your stereo up to full bore and not have any distorsion (spl) thats good.....

nick will vouch for my stereo when it comes to crisp clean sounds. :S

btw....nice boot install......we should have a soundoff sometime.....yours would most likely win though.

ps. yes there is a lot of work gone into that car....i can appreciate that.

sorry, but 4 subs in a ke30 is gay. the thing must rattle more than all our cars put together

Jamie, thats a bit harsh don't you think.

I'm afraid you're statement is incorrect. One of the first things i did after the stereo install was find and fix all the rattles. The boot has been pumped with expanding foam (it's minimal and you can't even tell that its there). All the bolts have been tightened etc. I spent many hours fixing all that stuff. So i can honestly say that there is no unacceptable noises due to the subs.

Anyway, i have recently taken out 2 of the subs to free up a bit of boot space. I also changed the fabric in the boot a few years ago. Yes it looks rough, but i have to carry tools in it. So thats why she's looking very tired.

BTW - Why is it so gay?

post-9-1113568830.jpg

Edited by kangaroosa

4 subwoofers in a ke30 is gay because it goes against the theme of the car. it's not a new car, it shouldn't have things like stereos and electronic boost controllers and big bling chromie wheels. it has bumpers, not "bars", and everything is metal like it should be. it should be a car that is about handling and engine power in a small lightweight package, not stupid modern rice like subwoofers and neons, that belongs in crappy wrong-wheel-drive hatchbacks with milo tin exhausts

Geez your taking this a bit personally. My car is all standard running gear.

You wont find any big chrome wheels, chrome exhausts or body kits here.

Oh and my car has got a modded 5K - so yes it goes well. Its been lowered and has got some nice rubber on it too - So it handles well too. BTW i don't race it and and i don't drive like a dick on the streets. Why spend all that time on money on stuff that is unbenificial.

The car is my everyday car that lugs around my tools and myself.

Occasionally i like to turn up the stereo and blast some music, but so does everyone right.

Don't be mistaking me with some ricey that cruises the hot spots blasting DOOF DOOF.

As for the subs going against the theme of the car - Well come on, you can't even see the subs in the boot so how can it detract from the theme of the car. Besides, i thought peoples cars were meant to be individual to their likings.

I formally remove myself from any further discussions on this topic as it is going no where and is not what this topic was intended for in the first place.