Fiberglass

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It musn't be clear cut "illegal".

Plenty of the 32 Ford coupe rods you see floating about the place are full glass bodies. Lots of rods will be glass.

the thing is, with proper manufature, the suspision will not be there that your panel will even be fiberglass!!..... unless you get onto a weigh bridge!!

the idea is, not to damage the part! ?how many of you's have been in a serious accident in your corolla involving a full police report on the car? how many of you have been questioned about certain parts of you vehicle after it was in a severe accident???

how many of you have hit something so bad, the panel has torn from the sub-frame???

better yet, have they jsut been little prangs?? ie, dent/scrape, the same scraping or denting to a steel panel will merely deflect off of a fiberglass panel, maybe a crack or chip will occur, in which can be easily fixed with a $20 kit from bunnings!!!

noone is telling you that you HAVE to buy these things, but if you see the advantage as i do, i think it would be wise. i don't mean to sound critical, i was jsut throwing out a hypothetical/practical. :cool: :hmm:

Surely not. Corvettes are fiberglass and all those Cobra replicas are fiberglass and the new Nissan X-trails

have got plastic front guards. Whats the world coming too if you can't have some fiberglass guards on ya

corolla

Its to do with the cars compliance with ADRs. If you replace the panel with another ADR approved panel its OK. Because the cars you listed have either been complied or engineered to meet ADRs they can have them.

AFAIK there isnt any ADR approved fiberglass panels for corollas. The only ADR approved fiber panels I've ever seen were carbon fiber bonnets and they cost an absolute packet.

Personally I think you'll find little to no noticeable or meaningful weight reduction in fiberglass panels. I hope you're not intending/expecting to sell these on rollaclub.

Its to do with the cars compliance with ADRs. If you replace the panel with another ADR approved panel its OK. Because the cars you listed have either been complied or engineered to meet ADRs they can have them.

AFAIK there isnt any ADR approved fiberglass panels for corollas. The only ADR approved fiber panels I've ever seen were carbon fiber bonnets and they cost an absolute packet.

Personally I think you'll find little to no noticeable or meaningful weight reduction in fiberglass panels. I hope you're not intending/expecting to sell these on rollaclub.

i didnt intend on them becoming a production item, merely a one off thing for myself and a few select others. how was i to know that half the club would be interested, if you don't want it or like the idea, thats all good, you have an opinion too, just don't buy them!!!

steel wont last forever...

Can I just point out NACA ducts are only really useful for drawing air in, not so much for ram air for engine feeding. :hmm:

Just to get some more air flow in the bay. paticularly around the carb. I'm sure the 4KZ wont have any troubles sucking air itself :cool: Just for a bit of airflow

SO any pics or can i come see a product in the flesh may be interested in bonnet,bootlid,guards for private off road use only of course :).

I don't see why not, let me and my friend get the new mold up and cranking, a ke-55 front guard for myself. The mold is about as far as I could go, probably not till the following forghtnight for cash (bills to pay) you could bring a camera and post the pics for me that would help me and others a lot too. Will start next thursday so maybe that sunday you could come and see it. I'll pm you the info.

Edited by [email protected]