Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

21-bjf's Ke20

Featured Replies

  • Author

Not handy. once i finish cleaning/tidying the wiring under the dash i will grab some pics. drove my rocket home last night for the first time in 4.5 years. feels great to be behind the wheel again. didnt realize just how much attention it would draw on the street. every second car last night and this morning would speed up to get beside me then drop back and speed up again. got a total of 23 'thumbs ups' on the way in this morning which is heaps better then my normal 2-3 fingers. hahaha starting to get use to driving it now and am slowly getting more brave with the accelerator.

 

Keep n eye out for it on the roads. . . . .

  • Replies 131
  • Views 61.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

Just some pics from jamboree.

 

had a blast driving out there and back, feels sooo good on the street, can't wait to turn the power up.

post-7651-1282701766_thumb.jpg

post-7651-1282701787_thumb.jpg

post-7651-1282701856_thumb.jpg

post-7651-1282701873_thumb.jpg

post-7651-1282701896_thumb.jpg

post-7651-1282701924_thumb.jpg

Gotta paint the underside of that bay I reckon. Car looks awesome though man good work

Had a real good look at this...

post-8643-1282817934_thumb.jpg

post-8643-1282817951_thumb.jpg

post-8643-1282817974_thumb.jpg

  • 1 month later...

He mate is it hard to get the sr2o engine in the ke20, this is also what I'm thinking of attempting next Nov of next year, so I am doing my research prior.

  • Author



Here is a quick video i threw together on the build process.

Let me know what you think.

mate that is perfect, no other words i can use to describe it! Only thing i plan to do differently is no roll cage, and different rims, which i think you already know is very difficult to find that fit.

 

I have a lot of questions for you however.

 

Where did you find a good engine I'm a bit cautious not to get a good price but a shit engine. Was it hard to get the engine in there? and I'm looking at either an SS diff or one out of a Hilux apparnetly theyre pretty strong and get someone to shorten it? Or is there a better option as far as diffs go?

 

Ye again mate you've done it up beautiful! love the colour to i think ill keep it yellow but make it special hehe, I have my cousin to do that for me has his pannel beating shop so Ill defiantly be saving some coin there!

 

 

post-11408-037400200 1286238471_thumb.jpg

 

they are the rims i would like to get or one with 6 spokes in black

  • Author

Cheers mate. I went the hilux option purely for the strength it offers. I also now have skyline brakes set upon the rear aswell. Fitting the sr in was kkinda easy if u are skilled with a fbh, a f$&kin big hammer. We fabricated custom engine mounts using s6 rx7 ones as I had some left from my last car. We didn't find it too hard but we were in a fully stocked and decked out performance workshop. It could be done at home but u would need more paients then I have. More then happy to offer any help I can along the way if u get stuck, just give me a holla.

 

Cheers

 

b.

Mate that is an awesome build.Very nice.

Just one question(for now).

So it is legal to put an SR20 turbo in an KE20 in QLD.

Was there anything special to be done?

I have the same car and wanted to do this a few years ago but was told

not allowed.

Any info would be great

 

Cheers Ian.

  • Author

100% legal. mine is all blue plated and everyone is happy. thats the thing, legally i couldnt put a 12a carby motor in, but can put a turbod sr20. go figure . . . .

Thanks for that, i will add to my wish list.

 

Thanks again

 

Ian.

  • 1 month later...

love it mate you have done an awesome job.. Wouldn't be interested in knocking up some mounts for a ca into ke20 would you? I assume they'd be the same as sr20 ones?

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.