21-bjf's Ke20

21-BJF

Not handy. once i finish cleaning/tidying the wiring under the dash i will grab some pics. drove my rocket home last night for the first time in 4.5 years. feels great to be behind the wheel again. didnt realize just how much attention it would draw on the street. every second car last night and this morning would speed up to get beside me then drop back and speed up again. got a total of 23 'thumbs ups' on the way in this morning which is heaps better then my normal 2-3 fingers. hahaha starting to get use to driving it now and am slowly getting more brave with the accelerator.

Keep n eye out for it on the roads. . . . .

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

mate that is perfect, no other words i can use to describe it! Only thing i plan to do differently is no roll cage, and different rims, which i think you already know is very difficult to find that fit.

I have a lot of questions for you however.

Where did you find a good engine I'm a bit cautious not to get a good price but a shit engine. Was it hard to get the engine in there? and I'm looking at either an SS diff or one out of a Hilux apparnetly theyre pretty strong and get someone to shorten it? Or is there a better option as far as diffs go?

Ye again mate you've done it up beautiful! love the colour to i think ill keep it yellow but make it special hehe, I have my cousin to do that for me has his pannel beating shop so Ill defiantly be saving some coin there!

post-11408-037400200 1286238471_thumb.jpg

they are the rims i would like to get or one with 6 spokes in black

Cheers mate. I went the hilux option purely for the strength it offers. I also now have skyline brakes set upon the rear aswell. Fitting the sr in was kkinda easy if u are skilled with a fbh, a f$&kin big hammer. We fabricated custom engine mounts using s6 rx7 ones as I had some left from my last car. We didn't find it too hard but we were in a fully stocked and decked out performance workshop. It could be done at home but u would need more paients then I have. More then happy to offer any help I can along the way if u get stuck, just give me a holla.

Cheers

b.

Mate that is an awesome build.Very nice.

Just one question(for now).

So it is legal to put an SR20 turbo in an KE20 in QLD.

Was there anything special to be done?

I have the same car and wanted to do this a few years ago but was told

not allowed.

Any info would be great

Cheers Ian.

• 1 month later...