• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

fantastic looking project there.

I'm Melb Nth East as well.

Will have to keep an eye out for it.

I'd be interested to know how much work was involved in things like transmission tunnel mod's, rear suspension and body mods to suit the diff etc.

Who did the fabrication work ?

Was looking at a refresh of my 5k ke20, or maybe a 2tg / 3tg conversion or possibly even a beams motor should SWMBO allow the expenditure but this has really got me thinking :bash:

Cheers,

Dale

Hi Mitch,

I think you will find the answers your after in frogs first post.

JP

diff is shortend 28 spline boargwarner LSD

brakes are 290mm rotors and 4 piston rx7 caliper on the front, std commodore brakes an the rear, commodore master cyclinder and remote brake boosters vh40/44

Pretty sure the padal box would be a modded std one.

Edited by TheNOBBLER

I did almost every thing from pannel work to shorting the diff, cutom tunnel, etc etc etc. I run my own automotive/performance work shop, so its not all that hard for me. this build isnt really a back yard sorta thing. I'm not saying u can't do it but ive spent so many hours making something and then changing it to somthing better and doin it with all the correct tooling etc. if any body does consider doin this in a ke10/11 make sure u fit a ke 20/25 front end. i tryed both and the 20 front end is much better and allows all sorts of adjustment on the suspension

some things have changed from the start of the build. its now got a complete ke20/25 crossmember and steering set up in it. chassis was redrilled and new crush tubes fitted for bolt up. all the caster bar brakets where cut up modified to suit the ke11 and refabricated. custom 19mm sway bar to fit around the engines sump. front brakes are 290mm brembo rotors but satyed with a 2 piston caliper as i didnt want to over brake it as its a road car, and to save on unsprung wait. modified ke20 steering knuckles to suit xt130 shortend struts. camry sv21 v6 shocker inserts, adjustable coil overs and cutom strut top to achieve 1.5 degree neg camber as the ke20/25 have a 40mm narrower strut top bolt up to the ke10/11. rear brakes are vs commodore disks with r31 skyline calipers. also running modified original pedal box to suit the relocatiion of the commodore master cylinder. twin vh40 brake boosters

Edited by rbfrog